Jumping Back into Weight loss!

Options
I'm Kristen, I signed up a while back, and just never go into using a calorie counter, I exercised for a while, got busy and gave in. I'm now so unhappy with my weight that I've decided to buckle down and try to get decently fit by my birthday in June.

I'm currently around 165lbs. (I'm unsure because I don't own a scale, but that seems to be where I've stayed the last few doctor visits.) I'm 5'4", and although I like having curves, I really want to get back down to my weight when I was in high school, which was a comfortable 130. I'm going to try to stay in 1200 calorie diet, with a cheat day on Friday so I can go to my favorite bar and drink some calories with my husband. I'm also going to try to exercise at least 30 minutes 3 times a week. (Hopefully more, but I wanted to set realistic goals.)

I'm 24, with no kids, but I'm really hoping there's someone with similar goals to me, so we can help keep each other motivated!

Replies

• spacegirlz
    spacegirlz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great that you're jumping back in the weight loss bandwagon. Again. I'm just coming back too. I lost a significant amount of weight then went into hiatus I gained a lil weight back so I decided I need to do this again. In the hiatus I lost a few MFP friends so I don't have the motivation that I had previously had so I'm looking for more MFP friends. I'll add you.
  • taztwin002
    Options
    i just got started with the site. and looking for support you can go ahead and add me.
  • rbneth
    Options
    I just joined and am excited to hear everyones experiences.
  • Wandastime
    Wandastime Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just getting started here myself. I've done this over and over. I'd sure like this to be my last time to "start over" Found the My Fitness Pal back at the first of the year but didn't stay with it. Promised myself that I'd get back on it and hoping that following along with others on the journey will help me in mine .... hey, I might even do well enough that somewhere along the way I can help somebody else .... that's the plan anyway.
  • moni121905
    Options
    I just started again as well and we have similar goals! I would love to have motivation and help through this challenging process and provide it in return!! :smile: