Low cal snacks other then fruit and vege

Options
Hi Guys,
Please let me in on some of your low calorie snacking ideas that are different to the common fruit and vege. Thanks alot!

Replies

• Lammerchops
    Lammerchops Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Why are you on the hunt for low-cal snacks? Are you hungry at certain times of the day? At what times are you hungry? And hard to recommend "low cal snacks" when I can't see what you're eating before and after your need for that snack.

I know, you wanted a simple answer and I replied seeking information on the source of your hunger. I'm sure someone will come along and suggest a new flavor of sugar-free jell-o but that's just a band-aid.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you consider "low cal". To me, that's a snack of less than 300 cals.

Pick n choose...

hard boiled egg (70 cal)
    low fat string cheese (50 cal)
    fruit- but break out of the apple-banana-orange rut. Try mixed berries, grapefruit, etc.
    almonds (170 cal)
    protein bar/ protein shake (depends)
    Fage with berries (105 cals)
    low carb/ no carb raisin toast with fat free cream cheese (I mix cinnamon into the cream cheese)( 94 cals)
    Rice cake w/ one tbls peanut butter (140)
    Sandwich thin, toasted, schmeared with one Laughing Cow Garlic n Herb Cheese wedge (135 cal)
    Beef Jerky (80 cal)
  • Antria1214
    Options
    Nuts are good fillers and snack well cookies, plus greek yogurts and my personal favorite is popcorn that comes in those 100 calorie servings. I understand needing snacks.
  • lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky! Keeps you full longer- protein shake- veggie chips- I know you said not veggies- but if you make chips out of certain veggies- or even if you thinly slice your own potato and make your own chips- and then there are walden farms zero calorie things-- theres an ice cream called Absolute zero- an entire pint is 150 calories- or frozen mashed bananas is delicious.

Im assuming you mean things that taste unhealthy but you can eat without changing your habits?

Then there are lays chips- that are low cal- not the regular lays- popcorn is relatively low calorie- but has no vitamens nutrients or protein to keep you full.
  • mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Cracker chips savory multigrain from pepperidge farm 20 chips is 90 calories and they taste AWSOME
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Konjak noodles. Basically nothing but fiber. 10 cals per 100g