when and how do you weigh??

Options
I was having a bit of a debate with MIL last night about when to weigh, she weighs herself at night, as she thinks that will be her at her heaviest, so in her head she weighs less... I weigh myself first thing in the morning after my first pee of the day so I am at my lightest as in my head it gives me my "true" weight although I know I will gain during the day.

Also... Wii fit... I don't have any proper scales in my house so weigh myself on the Wii fit, however when I do pop to MIL I always jump on her scales, this is usually in the afternoon and I tend to weigh 2lbs less on her scales than what the Wii fit says... Her scales are the normal ones (as in not digital)

So when do you weigh and what sort of scales have you got?

Mainly just out of interest, not a complete weigh-in -aholic LOL!

Replies

• Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning after using the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything. Not every day, though.

I have a digital scale in one bathroom and a regular dial scale in the other bathroom. The dial scale shows about 5-6 lbs less than the digital scale, but I think it's wrong because whenever company comes over and uses the bathroom with the dial scale they come out saying "I WISH I weighed what your scale says!". So I stick with the digital scale.

I don't understand your MIL's logic at all. She's just happy knowing that she weighs less than whatever it says at the end of the day? How much is she thinking the difference is? The weird mind games we play with ourselves...
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    In the mornings when I wake up before I eat or drink anything.

ETA: I don't have a digital scale mine is old school and super accurate, also I like that I can calibrate it.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    never
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Every morning... nude.. Tanita scale. I look for trends.
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings on the wii fit. it's the only scales I have. although I could use the scary looking ones at the gym.
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Friday AM. When I get to work. Same scale. Every week :glasses:
  • lillauraseymour
    lillauraseymour Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Every Thursday morning, before eating/drinking
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    After my morning training session at the gym - using the digital scales at my gym.

I don't think it matters as long as you're consistent about it. Weigh in the morning before/after you pee. Weigh before you go to bed. Just weigh under the same circumstances each time.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

how do you like that scale? heard they're good. i do the same.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Every morning after the bathroom and before eating.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options

how do you like that scale? heard they're good. i do the same.

I like the Tanita scale. I think it's all relative but the scale has been close to my doctor's.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    usually every other friday or every friday after my morning tinkle.
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    I weigh in whenever I 'feel' like I'll like the numbers, reduces the risk of me throwing the scale into a frozen pond.
  • emchip1983
    Options
    every wednesday morning ,after using the loo and before breakfast, and i take measurements every 2 weeks. im no t really going off weight though i go off how my clothes feel x
  • catmanor
    catmanor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Once a week in the morning (4.45am) after a pee, naked.. lol

I had digital scales.
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    Every Monday morning before my shower and after my morning pee on the same scales and in the nuddy! :D
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Roughly once a week in the morning after I've washed my face, brushed my teeth & put in my contact lenses, but before I shower :) I have digital scales that I presume are pretty accurate. Oh and I'm in my PJs :) I take measurements once a month.
  • lunaticlover
    Options
    I weigh in whenever I 'feel' like I'll like the numbers, reduces the risk of me throwing the scale into a frozen pond.

I used to do that to, it doesn't work. Weight yourself regularly, even if you had a bad day, it makes me not to want to go over my calories if I know I'll have to weight myself the next morning
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh anymore. It is linked to my emotions and self worth and I allow that number to define me. It is better for me to base my progress off the way my clothes fit me.
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    I weigh in every thursday in the morning. It's a good motivator. If I lose nothing or gain, I'm motivated to do more. If I lose alot, I'm motivated to do more. All a giant win.