Late night work out

Options
... and no i dont mean that haha

I was wondering what times people like to workout, I assume most people like the morning but I always workout after 8 pretty much, and sometimes at like 10. I used to work out at midnight or later before when i lost 40 lbs a few years back does any one find either time is better ?

Working out in the morning does seem to energize me though.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Your muscles don't own a watch. Workout at whatever time is most convenient for you. Time of day had no bearing on how effective the workout will be
  • fancycupcake
    fancycupcake Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like to work out at midnight, mostly because I hate getting up early, dont like getting super sweaty in the middle of the day, and the gym is practically empty! :D
  • weleeq
    Options
    I cant do in the morning... it makes me feel tired for the whole day! i always do exercise around 7-8. sometime at 9pm. and that works well for me
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what times people like to workout, I assume most people like the morning
    With my goals now I do afternoon work outs.
    Cardio around 12 noon 5-6 days a week
    Weights around 3:30pm 5 days a week.

If I wait any later than 5 or 6 pm to do my weight lifting I lose my peak energy level and it just sucks. Also that's a little late in the afternoon to get jacked on caffeine which I do before my work outs. :drinker::bigsmile:
  • Jlbland123
    Jlbland123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I usually work out around 8pm. I just can't force myself to work out early in the am. I love night work outs! I just take a shower and go to bed feeling so proud of myself :)
  • catmanor
    catmanor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Morning for me.. am at the gym at 5am and then start work at 7am..

I find it sets me up real good for the day and I feel great!

Add to that the gym is quite empty at that time of day too..
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Morning after I drop my daughter off at school.

I take two classes at the Y from 9:00-11:00.
  • sheilanroger
    Options
    I work out after i get home from work sometimes 8 pm. Sometimes its so hard to make myself go but afterwards its so rewarding. Im ready to lose weight
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I love working out at night.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Evenings usually work best for me... anywhere from 5 pm to 11 pm!
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I usually start working out between 9-11pm. I'm not a morning person at all.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Early morning here :smile:
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Your muscles don't own a watch. Workout at whatever time is most convenient for you. Time of day had no bearing on how effective the workout will be

This!

When I'm not working, I love to burn off extra energy by exercising at night or in the wee hours. Do it whenever you have time and energy.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Some weeks it's during the early morning, and other weeks it's late at night. I'm at the mercy of my always-shifting sleep schedule, plus I have to wait until the living room is empty to do it because that's the only part of the house where I can exercise now.
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I do shift work so it all depends on my shift. Right now I work midnight to 10am so I do my workout after I wake up, around 10pm. When I work 2pm to midnight I work out after work, so at midnight before bed. When I work 8pm to 6am I work out after work, at 6am before bed. If I work a day shift all bets are off, getting up at 4am is hard enough so working out before work is out and staying after work is difficult for me because I don't like to take away time from my kids. That usually means that I take walks with my kids so the work out is different.

Like others have said, whatever time works best for you is the right time to work out.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Really depends on when I can get to it I have a weird schedule. But if I cant sleep ill goto the gym sometimes at 2 or 3 am... Thank god for 24 hour fitness.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I usually start working out between 9-11pm. I'm not a morning person at all.

Ha, this is me exactly! A lot of it has to do with my 5 year old being a night owl like her mama, and I have to wait for her to be asleep otherwise she gets up and tries to get into things or talk to me while I'm in the middle of my work out. I'm trying to get up early to do it in the morning...but I just can't get my butt out of bed early enough LOL.
  • mstjmack26
    mstjmack26 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I use to workout after I got off work at 11:30pm for about six months! I switched to mornings so I could attend classes in the a.m. So now I workout before my 12hr shift on my 7days on. On my 7 days off I do some mornings and evenings (5p.m.) if my kids want to workout. either is good for me because I have to get up and out the door with kids every morning, might as well get in a workout.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5:30 am...coffee & walk/ weights...work 8-5, then zumba 5:30-6:30 pm...Will be adding Pilates on Monday and Wednesday 6:30-7:30 also...