Had a bad day-need some cheering up :/

Options
So today was a really bad and lazy day. I consumed 3,000+ calories, which is 1250+ over my daily goal. I also was planning on hitting the gym, but I got too lazy to even go. I didn't accomplish anything today. Ugh. I know I am probably being too hard on myself, but I've been doing really well for almost 2 months, but I really screwed up today. I'm just in a debbie-downer mood now.
Do you ever have days like these? How do you handle them?

Replies

• littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Remember that today is only one day, and one day will not undo all of your work.

Generally when I'm in a down mood I work out, listen to rock music, or look at collections of amusing/cute pictures.

Here is one of my favourite songs: www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdwMkA1WaGU

Here are some gifs: www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/animals-that-are-huge-jerks

And here is a video of a tiny squeaky frog that is impossible not to smile at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbDmPWNUZoU
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Remember that today is only one day, and one day will not undo all of your work.

Generally when I'm in a down mood I work out, listen to rock music, or look at collections of amusing/cute pictures.

Here is one of my favourite songs: www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdwMkA1WaGU

Here are some gifs: www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/animals-that-are-huge-jerks

And here is a video of a tiny squeaky frog that is impossible not to smile at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbDmPWNUZoU

you're right. and thanks for the links. the frog video was cute! :heart:
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    hey that happened to me too and right about the same time into my "Weightloss journey". I didnt think much of it and got back on track the next day.It was all good.
    You are gonna be fine!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Someone said this to me once, and it's stuck with me since. Every time I screw up, I think of this. "There are 365 days in a year. 365 opportunities to be awesome. If you screw up on 65 of those days, that is still 300 days of you being awesome!"
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you use the phone app but on that you can check your progress weekly, just make sure your even before weigh in day, a binge every now and then seems to help me anyway :-)
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I get up the next day and start all over again. Don't dwell on it (unless this is part of a pattern in which case you might want to look at that)
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    "There are 365 days in a year. 365 opportunities to be awesome. If you screw up on 65 of those days, that is still 300 days of you being awesome!"

Love it!
  • vnsswsh6
    vnsswsh6 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When I have day of feeling lazy, I just flow with how Im feeling...If I go to the gym, I will not give my best. So I relax, have a glass of wine or watch a movie.

Tomorrow is a new day to start again where we left off! Be Strong! We all have bad days!:flowerforyou:
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    It wasn't a great day for me, either. We got a lot of snow in my area last night/this morning, and I had a friend over last night and we ended up getting snowed in together for the evening and day. That lead to some bad eating choices for me, which I'm doing my best not to regret. Everything we made and ate tasted great, and although I was over calories, I know I have the rest of the week to make it up!

It is always rough and demoralizing to not meet your goals for a day, but just remember that you have to take things one day at a time. One day won't make or break your fitness goals, unless you let a single bad day push you off the wagon. What really matters is your ability to get up, brush yourself off, and start over tomorrow. Even if you find yourself in the position of "two steps forward, one step back," you're still one step further forward! :flowerforyou:

If you have the MFP app, I often find it very helpful to look at the weekly calorie summary, rather than the daily calories. This helps me keep perspective, as I can see the bigger picture of how I have been doing for the entire week, rather than just on a single bad day. I try harder to hit my weekly calorie goal than my daily, because this gives me a cushion to make up for days that I have gone over by fitting in a little extra exercise on other days.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Aww... You're doing fine! We all have days like that now and again.

This is a marathon, not a sprint! Just start over again tomorrow! :)

Cheers!
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    just wanted to thank everyone who posted for their kind and encouraging words. i'm starting fresh tomorrow! i can already tell it's going to be an awesome day! :D:heart:
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I have definitely had days like that but the mistake I always made was believing I had totally failed I gave up. We shouldn't expect perfection from ourselves. We're human. We make mistakes. You don't even have to view it as a mistake. You can view it as a lesson learned or just a day that you didn't follow your plan. Tomorrow is a new day. Just let this one go. :smile:
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    your body probably needed a break! youve been so well that one day wont hurt ya, in fact most ppl take a day off a week so be happy with your aaaawesomeness! cheer up sunshine, youre awesome!!!! awweeee yeeeah!!!!