Wow seriously 3 months and nothing :(

Options
2»

Replies

• freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I would definitely listen to our advice on this to see if it does work, most of us know what we're talking about and are trying to help. Up your intake at least 400 cals -- to as many as 800 (maybe do it in increments of a couple hundred every few weeks to not shock your system too bad) and see where it gets you. If that doesn't work after a few months, speak with your doctor or a local trainer.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    how are you figuring your workout calories?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If you want any meaningful help you will have to provide some information. Even your food diary is private.
  • deniselynnae
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor that tracks my calories burned
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I do eat back my burned calories this has confused me of I should do that or not . When I made my account it gave me a net of 1200 calories much to my disapproval.

You can change your intake if you want. Definitely do so. I was eating 1200 and not losing until it hit me that it wasn't right for my body. Now I eat 1600-1700 on exercise days, and 1475 on my rest days. Haven't weighed in in a while because my sodium has been a bit much, but before that, I managed to lose 4 lbs, so I definitely think that eating more is the key.
  • Jae321
    Jae321 Posts: 12
    Options
    I found this happened to me last summer. I ate well, and started running three times a week yet no loss to speak of. This winter I started The Shred Revolutionary Diet and I've lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks! It's all laid out for you, in a 6 week plan with lots of snack suggestions to choose from, sometimes I even feel like I'm eating too much! Check it out, it might be just what you need to get of that plateau. :)
  • deniselynnae
    Options
    Well sorry it's private I have a real personal issue with weight and food and this is the first time I'm trying exercising and dieting and I'm really embarrassed about tracking my food :/
  • deniselynnae
    Options
    Thank you everyone who is responding I wasn't sure anyone would respond and I NEVER would have though I wasn't eating enough
  • deniselynnae
    Options
    The persona I fallow and do almost Dailey woke outs with online suggested that to get the amount of calories you should eat Dailey was to take your weight and multiply it but 12 and for maintaining weight multiply my 14.
    Using that method it gave me between 1610- 1680 for Dailey calorie intake but I thought that was WAY too much
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It does sound wrong to eat more and still lose. But it really does work! Do some searching on the forums. I started with "In place of a road map" It made a lot more sense to me after reading that. I changed my calorie goal to almost 2000 per day. 1200 was way too low for me. Not something I could stick with.
  • trickycoolj
    trickycoolj Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    +1 for eating more. I was in a similar boat in a past attempt to lose, I was exercising a ton in a vigorous martial arts/bootcamp style class and then misguidedly used a different iphone app (not this one!) and let it auto set me at 1300 cals. I was hungry and cranky all the time and gave up like usual. I joined MFP simultaneously with a Weight Watchers group at my office and my BFF that has lost a phenomenal amount of weight (I think around 40 or 50lbs) and looks fabulous showed me this post. If you're not numbers/math inclined it can take a few reads to understand, if you're a numbers gal it'll probably click right away.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Think of it this way, your BMR is like the gas tank on your car when the gas light comes on, you have just enough gas in the tank to get home to park in the garage. Your TDEE is the gas tank on "F" you have a full tank of gas to run the car anywhere you want to go. You want to aim for calories between your BMR (what you burn if you layed on the couch all day) and your TDEE (the amount it takes to fuel your entire day) If you have 20lbs or more to lose, eat 20% of your TDEE, if you have less than 20lbs to lose do a 10% or 15% deficit of your TDEE and make sure it's above BMR. If you eat below your BMR it's like driving a car on fumes, it's not going to get you home. You can either calculate your TDEE to include your regular exercise, or if you have a sporadic exercise schedule like I do (I work OT a lot these days) I calculate my TDEE as sedentary and eat back any major workouts.

Hope this made sense and helps you understand the right levels to eat to help you lose. I've been at 16% of my TDEE and am just around 10lbs lost in 7 weeks. :)
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    your body has shut down bc youre eating 300 net calories a day.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Try just eating your BMR and on higher burn days a little more. Give it a week or two then reassess.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • deniselynnae
    Options
    This is her husband I told her to eat all that and for some reason she didnt beliee me and im the only one who has been loseing weight in the house
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I was doing the same thing as you and once I upped my calorie intake from 1200 to 1590 and continued to workout hard I started dropping weight again. I am not an expert at this but I went to a nutritionist because I just couldn't figure out what I was doing so wrong. Good luck and do not ever give up on yourself.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    This is her husband I told her to eat all that and for some reason she didnt beliee me and im the only one who has been loseing weight in the house

Well, for decades the myth of "eat less to lose more" has been drilled into the heads of us ladies. It's hard to re-write the "programming" from days of old.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    omg EAT!!! youre living on 300 calories a day!! no wonder youre not losing youre starving your body. Even at 5ft tall you'd probably need at least 1200 calories a day WITHOUT exercise.
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My average calories burn is about 550 . On days I'm really motivated I burn UPTO 900calories. On a very not feeling in it day it's about 130 calories . I really don't know if I'm not eating enough or not. on days I do very little exercise I feel starved but not on super workout days

There have been dozens of people on here telling you you're not eating enough. And you still don't know if you're eating enough or not? YOU'RE NOT EATING ENOUGH! You're putting your body in starvation mode so it's holding onto every little thing it has left to make up for the lack of energy you're giving it. Seriously, try it, and you will see results. I had the same problem when I first started on MFP.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Ooh boy you're going to get in trouble.
    Rule #1 of married guy club is that the answer is ALWAYS "you're doing great, dear!" Rule #2 is never EVER say I told you so!

:drinker:
  • mtcHavingItAll
    mtcHavingItAll Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great post. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful advice!