Feeling fat and failing :(

Options
Soooo somehow I'm heavier than when I started MFP. I've realised I keep making goals and then I self-sabotage and never meet them. My main problem is snacking, I just can't help myself. I don't know what to do, I feel like I almost have no control over what I eat! Has anyone found ways to overcome this?

Replies

• wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been cutting snacks down to like 1 serving size and add it to my daily diary thing, I find that the one small snack helps as it's a lot less than what I was having and I'm not depriving myself of it which will no doubt make me binge. Try make up small snacks and put em in zip lock bag things and just try be vigilant with yourself. ALSO you look flippin amazing so you you're doing well anyways!! Just have to find that last bit of will power to stop the snacking. I still drink a glass of water when I feel like snacking and then try distract myself, it works too. The other day I brushed my teeth so I wouldn't be able to eat anything without it tasting weird. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, so I can't see what you're eating, but from my own experience, forward planning helps a great deal!

Plan what you're going to eat and include snacks into that planning - I'm of the opinion of everything in moderation, rather than cutting things out.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Soooo somehow I'm heavier than when I started MFP. I've realised I keep making goals and then I self-sabotage and never meet them. My main problem is snacking, I just can't help myself. I don't know what to do, I feel like I almost have no control over what I eat! Has anyone found ways to overcome this?

I had exactly that same problem. I could eat 3-4 packets of potato crisps every day and previous attempts always failed. My solution was a hypnotherapist. Two treatments and I have, in the past month, had only two packets (supplied by the airline when flying so ate them anyway) and haven't missed them. Same with biscuits (cookies), rarely touch them now and those I do eat are the lowest cal I can find.
  • Guggz
    Guggz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are not failing.....just lacking motivation and man this can be tough and confusing.

Forward planning is importand and also, go on youtube and get recipies from "healthfreeks". Plain old veggies and fruits are also great snacks. Try eating your favorite fruit, even 2 or 3 of them to get full, for snacks. An apple is approx 50-60 cal, banana 80-110 cal depending on size, (easy to count). Eating 4 apples should make you full, or 2-3 bananas, ending with a big glass of water maybe. Lots of vitamins and good energy. This works for me at least especially since fruits are so easy to pick up on the go.

Try also Rooibos tea. It has more benefits than green tea but tastes delicious. It is suppose to have slimming effects as well but my bet is on the antioxidants for health.

Try to keep a good attitude and shift your focus on over all health as well. Looks are not our only motive right, but good looks come with good health. Think just how many people are doing nothing. You are doing a whole lot.

Best of luck.
  • mixedlollies
    mixedlollies Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others have said about forward planning. I try to eat every three hours to stop my hunger getting out of control and causing me to binge, so on a typical working day I'll have breakfast around 8, then a snack around 11, lunch around 2, another snack around 5 and dinner around 8. I find having set snack times helps as when I get a craving I can look at the time and think, only 40 minutes till I can eat my snack and it gives me something to focus on. Typically I snack on fruit, nuts, wholemeal bread with peanut butter or cottage cheese, and turkey chunks.
  • onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I never say I can NOT have something.. because when I do, I immediately crave that item... so I have anything I want, I just wait until I have the craving more than 48 hours... If I still crave it, then I have a little.... maybe a scoop of ice cream, or a fun size candy bar... this journey, at least for me, is a marathon, not a sprint... I am not the healthiest eater in the world, and the Lord knows I love my chocolate and cookies... for my crunchy addiction I eat mini triscuits or baby carrots.. for my chocolate addiction, I eat Nabisco chocolate rasberry fruit thins... Its all about knowing how to make yourself believe that it IS possible for you.. If you say you CAN'T , I promise you WON'T! I know this as I did it for years... You are not failing, you are pausing your success... Its ok, we all have done it... hit the pause button, make the changes you need to and move on... you will be a success..... Good Luck
  • turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    don't set hard goals and then you won't fail. Start here and here alone..............

Eat under your correctly set up MFP calorie goal everyday and exercise.

edit:
    note: Based on your pics i would say that you are going to have some hard times loosing to much as you are already flipping georgous.