Binge fighters united!

Options
Hello, I'm Linnéa and I'm a 20 years old working fulltime universitystudent.

I'm looking for other people around my age who also fight off the urge to binge because if I'm supported by more people then I'm sure that I can ward off this really bad behaviour. I would also like to support you when you feel like resorting to food, resort to us instead! :) Together we can fight the binge!

Triggers: Stress
Binge period lasts: 1-2 days
Binge food: Bread, chocolate, popcorn
Fasting afterwards: yes, mostly

(Feel free to copy the info table and just add your own stats!)

Replies

• runawayescape
    runawayescape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm also a full time university student who binges... ALOT... :(
    Maybe we can help each other? :)

Triggers: Stress/ feeling upset
    Binge period lasts: 1-3 days
    Binge food: Chocolate mostly
    Fasting afterwards: sometimes
  • Fitnesswanted
    Fitnesswanted Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm on the way to figuring out what my triggers really are. I'm trying hypnotherapy via youtube (lots of free vids) and I think it's helping. Determined to focus on getting a more nutritious way of eating and a better relationship with food.

When a binge takes hold food is my friend after the binge and the inevitable guilt food becomes the enemy again. It's a cycle that is going to be tough to break. I've been doing really good for three days - a tiny drop in the ocean but a step in the right direction.

I buy lots of carb laden things like cookies and scones and then I sit for hours just picking the chocolate chips or raisins out - I guess i try and entertain myself but overall I end up eating thousands of calories. Then I feel as if I have to restrict myself to make up for it.

Triggers: Stress, boredom, slipping up on an eating plan, deluding myself that there aren't as many calories as there really are
    Binge period lasts: An evening usually and then repeats for about 4-5 days in a row - daytime I seem to be able to control it better
    Binge food: Cookies, toast, bread of any kind. Unable to have an open packet of something in the house without finishing it.
    Fasting afterwards: Yes.
  • siobhsies
    siobhsies Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Triggers: Stress, boredom, slipping up on an eating plan, deluding myself that there aren't as many calories as there really are
    Binge period lasts: An evening usually and then repeats for about 4-5 days in a row - daytime I seem to be able to control it better
    Binge food: Cookies, toast, bread of any kind. Unable to have an open packet of something in the house without finishing it.
    Fasting afterwards: Yes.

Wow I could have written that myself. I am an extremist - I am either counting every calorie that passes my lips or else I am shoveling down food so fast I don't know what I am eating!
  • panano
    panano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Triggers: Stress/weight gain (ironic,no?)
    Binge period lasts: 1-2 days
    Binge food: Literally anything I can find
    Fasting afterwards: 1-2 days
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Triggers: Stress, boredom, procrastination/fear of failure, social events

Binge period lasts: in the middle of the night or when i get home from work, repeats almost every night

Binge food: peanut butter, what leftovers are in the fridge, yogurt, cereal, frozen waffles or french toast sticks (I dont even take the time to toast them), sweets and pastries if in a social situation, like a party

Fasting afterwards: No. Drink lots of green tea, have tried vomiting in the past (never made anything come up successfully, and have given up after doing my research about the effects), hitting the gym the next day with a focus on cardio (lately HIIT training), decrease carbs the next day

feel free to add me, anyone!
  • ValGerman
    ValGerman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I completely empathize with everyone who has posted on this forum, but also find relief and hope that I'm not the only one experiencing this torture. My story is another verse of the same song; feel great all day, motivated, in 'control", commit to not binge eating after dinner etc. Things are going great, then it starts. The pep talk I gave myself earlier escapes my mind entirely, I go into trance mode, numb I shove whatever food I find (preferably a carb) into my mouth until its gone. For some reason I perpetually lie to myself at night, "Just have one..." Insanity; doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome! I know much of this behavior is habitual, routine.

Something that would help me and maybe others is a reminder to be true to yourself, especially around the time binge is about to start. Would anyone like to turn this forum into a night time encouragement forum? Not a "challenge", we have enough challenges to worry about. Not a place to look for sympathy or to post your "failures", but a place where one can sign on and see an encouraging qoute or message from other people going through the same thing. By signing on for five minutes each night we will be forming a new, replacement habit/routine. By directing your efforts to helping someone else, you're indirectly helping yourself. It takes 21 days to break a habit. We could keep this up for 21 days.

If anyone is interested, let's do it.
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi! Add me :)

Perfect timing on this post. Ate double my maintenance level calories today. Worst combo of 4:30am wake up and my looming period.

Triggers: Tiredness, period
    Binge period lasts: 1 day
    Binge food: Toast, chocolate, anything available
    Fasting afterwards: Nope
  • mc54iznit
    mc54iznit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    lol its funny how i find this thread after almost going toe to toe with a freshly opened jar of peanut butter.

triggers: whenever i'm really sleepy and have been stressing
    binge period: recently just 1 day, used to be 2-3
    Binge food: whole boxes of pizza, dozens of donuts, basically just obscene amounts of junk
    fasting afterwards: Try not to but i end up not being too hungry on days following binges

I will say lately i've been having more success by just accepting the fact that i will binge, and trying to focus it. For the past month whenever i've binged i've made sure it was on fruit, whole grain cereals, greek yogurt, things of that nature. I end up getting extremely full before i do too much damage.