looking for juicers and vegetarians

Options
today is the first time im starting my juicing for morning and noon meal then eating vegetables and whole grain rice and noodles for supper. going to start eating clean, im going to try for a week and if im fine im going to keep going. I have been a vegetarian for about a month know. I have read all kind of letters from people that have juice for a week and how great they feel and how their skins looks much better. and how much better they feel. so Im looking for friends that could help me out by giving me ideas and we could help each other out to.:smile::wink:

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I add in fresh veggie juice to my diet, but don't do it as a meal replacement. It's more of an afternoon snack to get in more macronutrients. Feel free to add me!
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm not a juicer, more of a smoothie person, but I'm a lifetime vegetarian. I use my blender a lot, which helps add extra veggies to whatever I'm making (also sneakily puts the veggies my son refuses to eat in his food) and, obviously, to make delicious drinks. Don't think I could manage on juices for a week, as I like the feel of a full tummy - which may be my problem. I'm happy to advise on matters vegetarian though, just ask :)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for almost seven years now. The biggest thing is to make sure you get a variety of vegetables. You can't just eat what you would have eaten as a carnivore and remove the meat and think that's enough. If you do it right, and eat good foods, it will make you feel a lot better and give you a lot more energy. Hungry Girl has a lot of good, easy vegetarian recipes.
  • 19Sakura76
    19Sakura76 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i do alot of smoothies too for now . till i get a juicer. I do smotthies for 2 meals then have a good supper. since i started my new way of eating Im starten to eat alot more veg then i have before . and a tons of fruit too. the only meat i eat is seafood but not to much of it .I also cut way back on milk and drunk tons of water now too. ( I need help on not eating cookies and chips which I love.):blushing:
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I juice...oh wait you mean THAT juice..sorry wrong thread :tongue:
  • qwertymh
    Options
    I have done lots of juice fasts before, I love them! Always drop loads of weight and feel great after it with so much more energy. Longest one I have done is for 2 weeks.

Was vegetarian for 10 years but back to occasionally eating meat now

Feel free to add me :)
  • becjovincent
    becjovincent Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for over a year now... & love to juice when I can. tend to do it more during the summer then I have in the winter. But I'm also training for a half marathon & this is the first time without eating meat in my training. Interesting to see the difference. Glad to see other vegetarians on here :)
  • gr00vymama
    gr00vymama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a vegetarian and do quarterly cleanses, not usually juice fasts but raw, whole foods. I wanted to warn you that yes, you will look better and feel better but initially you might feel like crap. The first time someone does a fast or cleanse they have what is called the "die off" effect which is where your body releases all the toxins it's been storing up over the years and it makes you feel kinda like you have the flu. You get headaches, body aches, acne and your tongue gets all white and funky. This happens in different degrees to different people, it really depends on what your diet was like before. However, it is soooo good for your body to cleanse it like this though. Even if you can't stick to it for good you should do it a few times a year. I am planning a cleanse soon too so if you want support or have any questions feel free to add me :)
  • LydiaShackelford
    LydiaShackelford Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am definitely not a vegetarian, but I do juice! I usually juice for breakfast 2-3 days per week. My favorite juice recipe is:

5 large kale leaves
    2 handfuls spinach (I roll the spinach in the kale leaves to helps get them through the juicer more effectively)
    1 medium-large lemon
    2 medium apples
    1 teaspoon size of ginger root

Everything gets juiced - peels, cores, seeds, etc. - and it comes out super green, a little funky smelling, but SUPER delicious.

Enjoy!!
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    i was in an accident in 2010 and juiced every meal and snack (with the occasional meal when i wanted one) for 9 months i lost 80lbs im just getting back into my juicing. when im not able to on the days i work i buy bolthouse juice and drink that for my meals. i love juicing i have different ones i use i like the variety. on the weekends i use my juicer the fresh juice is the best.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian but not a juice. Juice, especially made at home can be a great addition but I personally don't think it provides enough nutrients to satisfy cutting out one or two meals for juice.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have a "mean green" every morning for breakfast. It consists of a cucumber, 1/2 lemon, 2 green apples, 1/2 bunch of kale leaves, 1/2 a package of celery, and a thumb size piece of ginger root. Love it!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    We have a NutriBullet that we run daily. I drink a protein shake for breakfast, a vegetable and fruit smoothie for lunch, and then a meat-and-veg dinner. Last night was a bison ribeye with creamed spinach.