Juicer Question

Options
preslyann50
preslyann50 Posts: 114 Member
So I've taken the step and bought a good juicer (brevelle sp?)and I'm making my first juice this morning. I have a question about it though. When I make it, can you make some to save for the rest of the day/next day or does it have to be an every time/morning thing? Also if you can post your favorite juice recipes that would be awesome!

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into buying a juicer, I don't know which brand to buy.

I'm here for the recipes :)
  • preslyann50
    preslyann50 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vixxxen88
    vixxxen88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    if you find any good recipies post them up, I bought a juicer last week!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can make it and drink it later that day and even the next day, but I wouldn't go beyond that for freshness.

My favorite is Sunshine Juice:

1 medium - large apple (I like Honey Crisp or Fuji b/c it is sweet and tart)
    1/2 Red Bell Pepper
    1/2 Orange Bell Pepper (or you can use Yellow)
    2 medium Carrots
    1/2 lemon, peeled
    1 cup of greens (dandelion if you can get them or mixed greens or spinach)

Also for first thing in the morning:

1 medium - large cucumber
    2 stalks celery
    1 cup spinach
    (sometimes I add 1 medium carrot)
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I didn't spend a lot of money on my juicer and it works great; I have the Jack Lalane juicer which I bought at Walmart for $99

I will tell you, for the leafy greens, you need to roll them up to juice them; if they are too small, I roll them in a romaine or piece of leaf lettuce to hold them in the rolled position so they juice better.
  • ashleyngill
    Options
    My husband juiced for a while, so we have a little bit of experience with it, but not near as much as what's out there. As for what we learned about storing: The juices can oxidize quickly (which can decrease the effectiveness - and taste). We would make enough in the morning to be breakfast and lunch. He stored his lunch serving in an airtight mason jar (with lid, of course) in the coldest area of the fridge. We never made any to store overnight.
  • juliesw25
    Options
    Hi there! I don't know which brevelle did you buy, but most brevelle juicers are centrifugal ones, which means the juicer make juice in a very high speed, and produce some heat and foam that makes some oxidation. Because of this, the fresh juice does not store as long as those produced from masticating juice extractors. 24 hours is a maximum. After about 8 hours, the fresh juice will start to flavor a little different as it begins to lose its freshness. If you are interested in this, suggest u to read this article regarding how to store fresh juice: http://www.juiceandjuicers.com/how-to-store-fresh-juice/

I usually make this juice which I think is great for weight loss and it’s quick and simple to make. Juice all three ingredients and drink for breakfast.
    To make the juice, you need:
    cabbage
    carrot
    cucumber
    You can decide how much ingredients to use in the way you like. The carrot will be sweet, the cucumber refreshing and will dilute the harshness of the cabbage.
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    carrots, apples, ginger. that's my fave. we use about 1lb of carrots, 2 granny smith apples, and a tiny knob of ginger. that's enough for my hubby and i (we do not juice as meal replacements, just to supplement our diet). one thing i have learned is that juicing too many cucumbers can give the juice a taste that i don't like, and i like cucumbers. we never juice more than 1 cucumber at a time. another thing we just started doing is throwing a small handful of frozen mixed berries into juices that are a little bitter - the berries give it a bit of sweetness.