Tilapia Recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tammyrph
    Tammyrph Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    We have a family of 5.. with THREE boys and I like to take left overs to work for lunch the next day so this pretty much works well.. I'm sure you can plug it in to the recipe maker using less just cut it down by the servings you want :)

MAKES 10 Servings
    1- 20z bag of Costco Tilapia Loins
    4 tbs Margarine
    3 cloves garlic, finely minced
    dash of pepper, salt,(to taste or sodium intake)
    pinch of Paprika
    pinch of dried dillweed (or parsley)

I weigh out the fillets to 4oz sizes, cutting down and saving extra. in total i tend to get 9 fillets and 1 cut up serving of 4oz. each fillet is a serving.

In saucepan, combine margarine, garlic, pepper, salt, dillweed, and paprika. Heat over low heat until butter is melted and starts simmering. Remove from heat. Brush a little of the butter mixture in the bottom of a shallow baking dish (line baking dish with foil, if desired) then place tilapia fillets on the buttered area. Brush top of each tilapia fillet with the seasoned butter mixture. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes, until tilapia flakes easily with a fork.
    Per Serving: Kcal 132 Carbs 1 Fat 4 Protien 23
  • bbostons22
    bbostons22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tilapia - drizzle with EVO and sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning. Grill or bake in foil.
  • popo0509
    popo0509 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I take some garlic, lemon, butter, and salt to season the fish with and wrap it all up in foil and put it on the BBQ grill. It is awesome!
  • VSeed2008
    Options
    Thanks for all the great recipes! Will be trying them out :)
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Buy a fish smoker and smoke the fillets. We used to do this with fresh Tilapia we caught. Mmmm delicious!
  • MsTanyaRN
    MsTanyaRN Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I just baked it in a pan over a layer of carrots, eggplants, bell pepper, zucchini, tomato and potato. flavored it with lemon, garlic, black pepper and cumin; covered it with aluminum foil. It was ready in 45 mins.

Just wondering if the tilapia was frozen or thawed?
  • FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    my fav is Talapia pan fried with cooking spray and sprinkled with Curry and Paprika powder.
    goes great with scrambled eggs or a omelette...or dinner with stir fry or salad
  • roman109
    Options
    Bump
  • CrystalWalks
    CrystalWalks Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Spray pan with Pam non stick & season fish with lawry's, garlic powder, a little Ms. dash( I prefer the chipotle Ms. Dash) use which ever you prefer-- and paprika put a tablespoon of butter or margarine on top of the fillet bake in oven at 375 for 8 to 12 minutes ( depending on oven) do not over bake.....while fish is cooking melt some butter in the microwave season the butter or margarine with parsley, a couple dashes of lemon juice and tiny bit of table salt and pepper once fish is done serve the lemon pepper sauce on top of fish....easy recipe takes 10 minutes or so and is really delicious :)
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    bump
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Made pumpkin seed encrusted tilapia last night - everyone loved it. Recipe link below. I left out oil and used fresh parsley. Super yummy.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search?q=pumpkin+tilapia
  • Spunk23
    Options
    I make my Tilapia by lightly brushing a small amount of olive oil on both sides, season with garlic powder and fresh finely chopped rosemary and lemon juice, bake in 350 degree oven, until done (I turn it once) it takes about 20 minutes. You can add additional lemon juice if you want before eating. :-)
  • Shellbug75
    Shellbug75 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am not a fish fan by all means, but I try to make it once a week. I haven't tried anything but talipa. Here is a recipe that I actually liked. This is broiling the fish. My husband likes his "harder" but loved the flavor. So if you like your fish "harder", than you can bake it with this coating. Serving size: 4 (4oz each), 165 calories per serving.

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan (Adapted from Allrecipes.com)

•4 Tilapia fillets (usually about a pound)

•1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

•4 tbsp. of I can't believe it's not butter

•2 tbsp. of low-fat mayo

•generous squeeze of lemon juice

•1/4 teaspoon dried basil

•1/4 teaspoon pepper

•1/8 teaspoon onion powder

•1/8 teaspoon salt

•1/4 cup of Panko or regular bread crumbs

1.In a bowl, put the butter out to soften. Mushy, not melted.

2.Mix the cheese, mayo, & lemon juice in the butter. Sprinkle with the season, mix it up some more. If it’s too runny, add some more parmesan cheese. Too thick, add some more mayo…you want it thick, but still able to spread. Set aside.

3.Put your top rack of the stove up, and set the broiler to low (if you have that option, we do, and high will burn the fish too quick!)

4.Broil the tilapia for 2-3 minutes.

5.Flip over the fish, broil for another 2 minutes.

6.Take the pans out of the oven, and generously smear the butter-cheese mixture over the tilapia. Sprinkle with Panko or regular bread crumbs. This helps “set” the mix as well as give it a blackened finish.

7.Broil for another 2-3 minutes.
  • Nana82Much
    Nana82Much Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Lauren2H
    Lauren2H Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bake most of way, remove, top with honey, mustard and salsa. Cook for 2-3 more minutes. Yummy! Also great on salmon.