Nausea after Workout

Options
The past two days, I've been nauseous during (yesterday) or after (today) my workout. I'm working out hard (jogging 45 mins yesterday, elliptical for 45 mins today plus 20-30 mins of strength) but not increasing speed/distance or doing something abnormal. I work out pretty regularly and this usually doesn't happen, so having it two times in a row caught my attention. I know dehydration is a possibility. I got a deep tissue massage yesterday--could that be throwing me off? Or is it more likely I'm not eating enough (eat 1500-1800/day and I'm 5'0 in the 120s, so I'm basically eating at or above sedentary TDEE and trying to lose weight by exercise cals alone).

Replies

• lar4290
    lar4290 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Possible causes:

You say dehydration - is that because you don't drink enough water? In which case, drink more. If you find it boring, try adding slices of lemon or lime. I add a tablespoon of fresh lime juice to 1/2 litre. If you ARE drinking lots of water, maybe you need to take in more salt. Sweat is a mixture of salt and water. Your body needs salt to absorb the water. Most obvious symptom is to check your pee colour. If it is very pale, chances are any water you are drinking is going straight through

Deep tissue massage - also possible, I feel nauseous if I exercise too soon afterwards, but normally only 24 hours

Are you getting enough quality sleep?

or you might not be very well, e.g. got a bug of some description.