How many lbs per week are you set at?

Options
Hey all,
So i lost 55 lbs but Im kinda stuck, I have been following 1.5 lbs a week and it has worked so far but I have not lost in 2 weeks. Just curious from big weight loss losers how many lbs per week are you set at?

ps Yes, every 10 lbs I re calibrate my allowed calories

Replies

• WeAreLegend
    WeAreLegend Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Shameless bump, really would like your help
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I figured my TDEE and set up mine custom
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    0.5lb a week. It's not a race and I need plenty of energy to do my workouts properly.
  • sdempsey1985
    Options
    I am no expert by any means, but if you are eating carbs 3 hours before bed that will tend to be stored as fat faster than any other type of food put in your body while you sleep.
    Try avoiding carbs at night, and maybe go for a 15-30minute walk?

Congrats on your weight lost so far, thats great!
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    set 2 lb a week but it's not happening : ) /not any more, that is/
  • MommyofMcKenzie
    Options
    I am set a 2lbs per week. I have lost 12lbs in one week. Probably because it is a huge change so suddenly. If you were already active then maybe that part isn't set right? Because movement and exercise is huge when it comes to losing.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

tumblr_lknzedudKq1qdzhjt.gif
  • WeAreLegend
    WeAreLegend Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help. Ah well, must be one of those dreaded plateaus, its happened to me before
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I am no expert by any means, but if you are eating carbs 3 hours before bed that will tend to be stored as fat faster than any other type of food put in your body while you sleep.

Sorry but no. Only excess calories consumed are stored as fat. Your body will still digest any and all food while you sleep. The only reason to avoid eating anything close to bedtime would be if it causes you to not sleep properly (heartburn for example some people suffer from eating close to bed).

I have my goals set at 1.5lbs per week. I haven't weighed in for a bit now though.

OP, have you switched up your exercise routine lately? Have you been consuming too much sodium? Not getting enough water? There are quite a lot of things that could cause a temporary pause at the scale.

Maybe try switching up exercise if you haven't for a while. By the sounds of it you have been at a deficit for a while (great work on the losses so far!) maybe try eating maintance for a week or two than drop it back down. Sometimes we need a bit of a break from it all to help us proceed.