Guide me to success - come change my life *Photos*

Options

Height: 5’7 – maybe a little taller.

Weight: 68 KGS- 150 lbs.

Activity level: Moderate (I do a lot of walking and I go to the gym about 2 – 3 times a week and do some light weights, nothing strenuous).

Calories per day: On average 3,000 (I believe I may have quite a quick metabolism).

Estimated body fat: VERY ROUGH calculation using a scale that stated 13%.

Shown as an IDEAL example in the other part of this attached photo, I desperately want to have a healthy, toned, lean body. That is my dream, something I’ve been constantly struggling to achieve for quite a long time. My question to YOU is WHAT do I have to do and what will it take – through nutrition and physical activity – to achieve my dream, that body shape below.

Some people say I need to lose weight, some said I need to 'bulk up' and muscle build (don't know if I agree on that one). Some say I need to do both - but how?

I’ve been trying to do this for so long, but without a plan, a goal, a structure, and I just don’t know where to start. I’m educated on what’s healthy and what’s not. I also don’t like when people say ‘eat healthier’ or ‘run around more’, it’s just so broad and not very helpful and as I said before, I need structure.

I have been to a nutritionist the first time about two weeks ago, who *sort of* led me on the right path, but I found her quite broad and general, and not very enthusiastic at all. I don’t think she truly understood my goals and aspirations.

You may be changing a life here and I sincerely thank you all for your time and knowledge.

My current self photo link: http://i51.tinypic.com/dcau6t.jpg

My dream body frame/shape: http://tinypic.com/r/nvuvt2/7

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5

Follow the program (Google it, it's free) and stick with it for about a year. You certainly can't achieve the body you want without some serious strength training. At your age you could most likely put on at least 10 pounds of muscle, probably more, if you hit that program hard. It will also help you further reduce body fat, as visible abs don't generally show up until body fat is in the single digits.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    You're not too far from your goal, and you definitely don't need to lose any weight. Try upping your protein without changing your calories too much at first. Search on the forums for basic weight training routines like Stronglifts 5x5 and New Rules Of Lifting, or ask one of the male lifters with a physique like you're aiming for to help you with a basic routine.

As an 18 year old male, your body is still changing, so make the most of your fast metabolism and don't try to lift too heavy too soon.
  • BaliDream
    Options
    Thank you dearly Berry, but I don't understand what you mean by 'i don't need to lose any weight'! Look at my dream body and my current body, isn't there plenty of fat I need to lose? Or am I being delusional? See, i don't even know..

If I do focus on lifting, what do I do about the fat? Don't I still need to get rid of it, or will it disappear slowly as I lift?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    will it disappear slowly as I lift?
    ^^^ In basic terms, this, though those two programmes will give you more info on diet.