Snack shopping list help

Options
crystalfleming1
crystalfleming1 Posts: 11 Member
Can you please share UR favorite low calorie snacks. I find myself in a munching mood very few hours and I get bord of fruit and veggies for every snack. Weather there things you make or things you buy from the grocery store in bulk!! Thank you

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    For snacks I usually have nuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, veggies with some lite ranch dressing to dip them in, goldfish crackers, yogurt, granola, berries, grapefruit, strawberries, tortilla chips and salsa.
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Just about any raw veggie. Today is turnips and cauliflower. If I'm craving a sweet then its dark chocolate covered espresso beans.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hummus with pita or veggies, cheese slices (easier to portion than block cheese), peanut butter on apples bananas carrots or by itself, nuts and seeds
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    String Cheese, Beef/Turkey Jerky, Almonds...
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Lots of stuff out there...fruits, veggies, yogurt...there are also 100 cal. packages of munchies that I go to if I need something sweeter...things like ( Brookside ) dark chocolate pomegranate, or Skinny Cow heavenly crisp....
  • JoanneC_Walks
    JoanneC_Walks Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like to add a mix of spices and herbs to my veggie snacks. You can make your own or try McCormick's "Perfect Pinch." It comes in several varieties (some are salt free).

In addition to veggies, fat-free yogurt and rice cakes are a nice change.
  • kloco
    kloco Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, half of an avocado, 1/2 the serving of reduced fat wheat thins and a tablespoon of all natural peanut butter... strawberries.. a cup or less of cereal with no milk (especially my cereal cuz it has chocolate :D)
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Nuts - pistachios, almonds, cashews. Sunflower seeds. Greek yogurt. The carrots with seasoning are delish, I have had the ranch. They are in the produce section, just open the bag and shake until the carrots are coated. I think a single bag is only 25 calories. I buy alot of prepackaged and preportioned snack bags, or if you buy a large bag, just count out the serving or weigh them and put them in snack size ziploc bags for grab and go! I am a frequent snacker, too but I find these things keep me full until my next meal. Also, I drink lots and lots of water. Good luck!
  • kelleyannclemons
    kelleyannclemons Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Honey Squares Cereal (80 Cal/ 3/4 cup) - great to munch on
    Fiber One Chocolatey Squares Cereal (80 Cal/ 3/4 cup) - great to munch on
    raisins (i like the sun maid mini packs/ 45 cal)
    Baked Lays chips (especially the cheetos, southwest ranch, and cheddar sour cream)
    String cheese - borden double twist or mozzarella / weight watchers jalapeno (I enjoy the mozzarella with 1/2 cup sliced strawberries)
    Reduced fat wheat thins with lunch meat and cheese or reduced fat wheat thins with laughing cow cheese
    Special K 90 calorie chocolate pretzel bar
    Cottage cheese
    Special K cracker chips (use to scoop the cottage cheese!)
    This is kind of a fruit, but I enjoy a no sugar added applesauce with my morning tea about an hour before breakfast. Some of my favs: Blueberry delight, Country Berry, Peach, Natural (I add my own cinnamon), Granny Smith, and Target brand Cranberry Raspberry.
    Hard boiled egg with the yolk removed and tossed. Fill the little 'cup' with salsa.

Those are what I like to take to work with the fruits/veggies every day for snacks
  • dloyst20
    Options
    popcorn- air popped with either some dried herbs tossed in for taste or...if your wierd like me....some type of vinegar to dip in..I like worsteschire sauce

Snack pack jello cups- 5 calories per cup in the reduced sugar ones

Grapefruit- peel it like an orange or cut in half and you can sprinkle a bit of splenda or brown sugar on top...I just like it as is.

Plus, grapefruit helps you digest food, anything acidic really like tomatoes and oranges too....I try and eat on 20 minutes before a meal so that my dinner is digested better...it burns up the fat faster

Mango/sweet onion/basil salad- aka green mango salad..really good and again, fat burner

veggies and hummus, or just veggies/ veggies and dip- kind of boring but still yummy if your looking for something crunchy

Plus, I try and go to the supermarket and find some strange fruit or veg I havn't tried before just for fun....like dragon fruit, or prickly pear....don't always like what I get, but at least its not boring and I get ideas for salads and recipes if I do like it. It keeps things interesting, and you might even discover something you absolutely love that you wouldn't have even thought of because you never tried it before!

1/2 cup of all bran original cereal and 1 yoghurt prepackaged cup (non fat) mix it together...maybe add some berries.....its just as good as yoghurt and granola, but you get more fibre and less fat/sugars...plus, all bran is actually kind of tasty when you mix it like this...you don't feel like your eating grandmas breakfast from the nursing home

Turkey pepperette- they are 120 cals for two sticks...one (60 cal) is usually enough for me to get my salty fix for the day..yum
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I also buy a lot of eggs, and make hardboiled eggs Sunday night and eat them all week.
  • babyshroom
    babyshroom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, mini muffins, freezies, babybels, cottage cheese. I don't like raw veggies, and I'm allergic to nuts or I'd eat those too.
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the small 100 calorie bags of popcorn for the snack craving times.
  • str1ne
    str1ne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Jollytime popcorn 94% fat free. Try some butter flavored cooking spray for a buttery flavor and seasoned salt for movie theatre flavour.
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    - fruits
    - veggies
    - greek yogurt (plain, or with pb2, or with fruit, or with honey, or with granola)
    - hummus with pita
    - homemade protein bars
    - homemade granola bars
    - oatmeal muffins
    - cottage cheese
    - nuts
    - seeds
    - protein shake
    - kale chips (practically calorie free and so yummy)
    - lunch meat on melba snacks
    - sugar free jello
    - sugar free pudding
  • Calabrisellamia
    Calabrisellamia Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! 100 Cal Packet:)
  • kloco
    kloco Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    - fruits
    - veggies
    - greek yogurt (plain, or with pb2, or with fruit, or with honey, or with granola)
    - hummus with pita
    - homemade protein bars
    - homemade granola bars
    - oatmeal muffins
    - cottage cheese
    - nuts
    - seeds
    - protein shake
    - kale chips (practically calorie free and so yummy)
    - lunch meat on melba snacks
    - sugar free jello
    - sugar free pudding

Homemade granola bars??
    Recipe please?
  • blinker86
    blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love the Special K crackers with Laughing Cow cheese. I also like to slice some fresh fruit and top with some light or fat free Cool Whip.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    light string cheese
    single serving Breakstone 2% cottage cheese
    turkey pepperoni
    94%FF microwave popcorn - 100 calorie bags
    raw veggies with light ranch dressing
    Starkist Sandwich Ready Tuna Salad pouches
    almonds
    Babybel light cheeses
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Cheerios, goldfish. I also leave a bowl with a lot of cheerios, some goldfish, and nuts, particularly the wasabi almonds, or wasabi peas, and just munch the whole day when I am in that phase of the moon and need salty snacks.