FitBit Question

Options
Does the FitBit ONE sync to an Android Bionic? Debating that, or waiting for the FLEX. Not sure now a wrist based system will do tracking steps. Thanks!

Replies

• geerunz
    geerunz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I would check the fitbit website. The newer models are all synching to your phone. I have a fitbit ultra and it does not synch to my phone. I have the app and once it synchs to my computer it updates the app. I personally love it. It has made me so much more aware of my steps, but I feel like I cheat myself out of steps not wearing it 24/7 so I'm patiently waiting for the new wrist model.:love:
  • jenifo11
    jenifo11 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does. I have a Fitbit One and a Droid Bionic, and had no problems syncing it. Had the Fitbit for about a month, and I'm loving it!
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Ultra so I can't help you with syncing questions. I am, however, getting the Flex as soon as it is available. Don't get me wrong, I love my Ultra, but I truly can't wait for the Flex. I am a lot bigger fan of a wrist setup, and the fact that you get the accuracy and branding of Fitbit behind it, I can't help but think it will be the best tool in my arsenal. I hope they sync to my Droid DNA once I get it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Does the FitBit ONE sync to an Android Bionic? Debating that, or waiting for the FLEX. Not sure now a wrist based system will do tracking steps. Thanks!

No, the Fitbit will not sync directly through the Bionic. The app will sync with the website data just fine, but you'll need to actually sync using the USB dongle in a computer.
  • ruthwt
    ruthwt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just got the fitbit 1 and I have a Bionic as well. It does not automatically sync, but it syncs anytime I'm near my computer. I was debating this or waiting for the wrist band, but as of right now, that one won't sync automatically with anything but the Galaxy S3 or Note...and although you have the band on all the time, you have no screen to see anything...so if you don't have the info on your phone, you won't see where you are during the day until you sync.

My question is for anyone who knows...can I force a sync to myfitnesspal? I'm in myfitnesspal right now and its not showing me my current info from my fitbit. I know I can force it to sync on my phone, but I wondered if there were a place online that I can do it. Thanks!!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I just got the fitbit 1 and I have a Bionic as well. It does not automatically sync, but it syncs anytime I'm near my computer. I was debating this or waiting for the wrist band, but as of right now, that one won't sync automatically with anything but the Galaxy S3 or Note...and although you have the band on all the time, you have no screen to see anything...so if you don't have the info on your phone, you won't see where you are during the day until you sync.

My question is for anyone who knows...can I force a sync to myfitnesspal? I'm in myfitnesspal right now and its not showing me my current info from my fitbit. I know I can force it to sync on my phone, but I wondered if there were a place online that I can do it. Thanks!!

MFP and Fitbit sync continuously with each other in the background. Changes should be virtually instant. What Fitbit info are you not seeing in MFP?