Running and Hematuria

Options
Has anyone else experienced hematuria (blood in urine) after running? Is there anything you can do to prevent it? I have had it happen during training this summer and after my last 5k race. I felt great after the race.

Replies

• Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else experienced hematuria (blood in urine) after running? Is there anything you can do to prevent it? I have had it happen during training this summer and after my last 5k race. I felt great after the race.

I strongly suggest that you see a physician. Best of luck!
  • dpippenger
    dpippenger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just to let you know they removed a tumor the size of a golf ball from my bladder on 2-19. It was cancerous but was the best report considering the circumstances. Stage A meaning only on the surface of my bladder. No chemo or radiation needed. Post op check up every three months for awhile. It was caught very early. My message to everyone is to listen to our bodies. My decision to get heathy, loose weight and begin exercising probably saved my life. I truly believe the running helped bring my symptoms to light and probably contributed to finding the cancer. I can't wait for the weather to break so I can get off the treadmill and get outside to run again. I ran my first 5k last fall and am planning on a half marathon this summer. I love to run!!! It saved my life.