Made a yummy, low cal pizza yesterday!

Options
shnewell
shnewell Posts: 14
I wanted pizza so I experimented and LOVED the result:

1 La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat, Low-Carb Tortilla (large)
1 heaping tablespoon Kroger Pizza Zip pizza sauce (traditional)
1/4 c. part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
12 slices Hormel turkey pepperoni

Bake at 400 degrees for 6-7 minutes.

YUM! And it was only about 233 calories for the whole pizza!

Replies

• KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious. I have been soooo hungry for pizza. Thanks for sharing your recipe.:flowerforyou:
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    Wow! sounds yummy. I'm tagging this for later :flowerforyou:
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I would have never thought to use a tortilla for a pizza crust. I LOVE pizza and would love to have a low cal version I could make at home, but I can NEVER get homemade pizza crust right. How did you bake it i.e. what kind of pan, greased or not, temp, how long? Did you prebake the crust a little before the toppings? Thanks for the suggestion.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I skipped right over the temp and time, but would love to know if you did anything else to it
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I gave up trying to get the crust right.

Try a boboli crust.

I make open face pizza sandwiches on sour dough rolls that are delicious.
  • shnewell
    shnewell Posts: 14
    Options
    Sorry, I skipped right over the temp and time, but would love to know if you did anything else to it

Nope, just put it on an ungreased cookie sheet. Because the tortilla is so thin, I wasn't sure if it would stand up to the weight of the toppings, but this seemed just right. It was crisp on the edge and when I cut it into 4ths to eat, each piece held up just fine. I was worried that I would pick up a slice and everything would slide off, but that didn't happen! :happy:
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    I make these all the time!! My boyfriend and his Dad also LOVE them! You can add fresh mushrooms, onions, green peppers or any veggie you really like...I used deli honey ham and cut it into little pieces for the meat! a little bit of cheese seems to go a long way on these!