Waist: 36
    Hips: 40
    Thighs: 23.5
    Calves: 17
    Arms: 12.5
  • tuesday6969
    tuesday6969 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Measurements will be posted once I get home from work !
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    what does the 30 day shred consist of ?
    It's a lot of different things, -Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD video exercise program (you can get it on youtube too)
    -3 workouts on the DVD – Level 1, Level 2 & Level 3 (every 10 days you go up a level)
    -Each level consists of 3 circuits: 3 minutes of strength with weights, 2 minutes of cardio, 1 minute of abs
    -Each level gets progressively more difficult
    -Is intended to be done 30 days straight- 10 days at each level, no rest days (some people do take rest days)
    -Based on your fitness level, you can follow Natalie’s moves (advanced) or more modified, less advanced moves of Anita
  • Fitnesswanted
    Fitnesswanted Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How weird I did the first day of level 1 today before reading this post. I'd love to join in the 30 day challenge...no more excuses that way lol

I'll stop by with measurements tomorrow as I havn't done them yet.

Good luck everyone!
  • HeatherisHungry
    HeatherisHungry Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I want to start it but I can't find it at my local Target or Best Buy and I am too impatient to order it from Amazon. Can you download it on iTunes?

Also, I workout with a trainer 2 times per week for an hour and then 3 times a week do 40 minutes of cardio (elliptical or rowing machine). Can I do 30 day shred in addition to my current regimine, or should it replace my cardio days? Should I not do it on the days I meet with my trainer? I'm probably overthinking this lol.
  • merraina
    merraina Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I want to start it but I can't find it at my local Target or Best Buy and I am too impatient to order it from Amazon. Can you download it on iTunes?

Also, I workout with a trainer 2 times per week for an hour and then 3 times a week do 40 minutes of cardio (elliptical or rowing machine). Can I do 30 day shred in addition to my current regimine, or should it replace my cardio days? Should I not do it on the days I meet with my trainer? I'm probably overthinking this lol.

All 3 levels are on YouTube for FREE!!!

Each level is only 20 minutes so you could easily fit them in with your other exercise commitments.

With that said, I am in! I will start, again :-(, tonight and I will post stats then too!
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I wanted to start it tomorrow, but hey today is as good as any. I already took measurements but they are at home. Will post later.

Height: 5ft 2in.
    Weigth 240.8
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 2. But we're already friends :wink:

I am so unfit I don't want to do 30 days straight, so I will do 2 days 30DS, then 1 day cardio, then 2 days 30DS, then 1 day cardio, then a rest day...

anyone can add me if they would like!:drinker:
  • suemullen27
    suemullen27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started mine on Monday but can only last 15 minutes... I must be so unfit :(((

height 5 ft 2
    weight 134lb
    I am going to try and build up 5 minutes extra over the days :D
  • NennerB71
    NennerB71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in too...I need some accountability partners. So y'all feel free to send me messages if I don't follow up with my measurements & a workout update...really! :happy:

Is there going to be a separate thread for tracking w/o's or are we going to keep doing it here? (I'm new to this community daily tracking thing....)
  • TrishPretti
    TrishPretti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Okay day 2 level 1

Stats as of 2/26/13

height: 5'8
    weight: 180.6
    arm: 13
    waist: 31.5
    hips: 42
    thigh: 25.5
    calf: 14.5
  • TrishPretti
    Options
    There are 3 levels and you spend 10 days at each level starting with 1 and going up, some ppl include rest days, that's up to you.

What? I thought you do one level for like 30 days... is it possibly to switch to level 2 already after 10 days?
    this freaks me out a bit now (I read level 2 is much harder than 1)

yes, but you will really be surprised at how much you improve each session and every level. I've seen this with myself and a friend that started it because of my results last time.
  • TrishPretti
    Options
    I started mine on Monday but can only last 15 minutes... I must be so unfit :(((

height 5 ft 2
    weight 134lb
    I am going to try and build up 5 minutes extra over the days :D

you can do it. try to do some extra walking, maybe even 15 minutes during the day when you can. when i did it the last time, i used my 15 minute breaks at work to go walking. I felt much better and i could tell that it helped with increasing my endurance.
  • sarahertzberger
    Options
    I'm in too...I need some accountability partners. So y'all feel free to send me messages if I don't follow up with my measurements & a workout update...really! :happy:

Is there going to be a separate thread for tracking w/o's or are we going to keep doing it here? (I'm new to this community daily tracking thing....)
    Just keep tracking it on here everyday we complete it, I'm sure I'll have to open a new page on the forum so we can keep entering each day we complete it and then our results at the end but for now this is it.
  • sarahertzberger
    Options
    Ok, So I'm getting a late workout in today but 30 Day Shred Day 1 Level 1 here I come, can't wait!! I'll try to remember to post when I'm done, but if not I will for sure post tomorrow once I've completed it.
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too! I will be taking it pretty slow, not because my endurance is low, but because I'm a teacher and get crazy busy and don't always have 20 minutes everyday (plus I'm sleepy all the time). I did Level 1 Day 2 today. :) Felt good, but I still hate the jump ropes. My calves always feel like they're on fire.

Current Weight: 175
    Bust: 39
    Arm: 12.5
    Waist: 35
    Hips: 41
    Butt:43
    Thigh: 25.5
    Calf: 15.5

I wasn't sure what to measure, so I just did it all haha :D
  • sarahertzberger
    Options
    ok guys so I just completed day 1 level 1. Don't you all just feel awesome after you're done, I get such an awesome rush of endorphins can't wait for day 2 I'm thinking about creating a group for this if I can it will be much easier to keep up with rather than on the message boards since you can't ever find anything on them.
  • merraina
    merraina Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 1 Complete!

Here are my stats:

CW: 212
    Neck: 15
    Waist: 42
    Hips: 50
    Chest: 39.5
    Bust: 45
    Thigh: 22
    Arm: 13
  • keeblergirl820
    keeblergirl820 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would like to do 30 day shred. I'm 5'4" and 246. Can wait to shred it!
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options

It's on youtube.