when and how do you weigh??

Options

Replies

• godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Definitely after I've slept. I can't say in the morning, because I work midnights. I'm like you. I go to the bathroom and even before I take a drink I weigh myself. Some days, I weigh heavier than others, but it fluctuates with water weight, and whatnot.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning using my Wii. I definitely wouldn't want to weigh myself at the end of the day.
  • vanderbielynn
    Options
    I weight in every morning at 6:30 am. I am in the buff. :blushing:
  • Ben_1960
    Ben_1960 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning as Friday evenings used to be the night I pigged out on food and wine.

I use tanita body composition digital scales as I like to track all the other readings such as visceral fat, total body fat and muscle mass. I like to track progress.
  • rachaelheaney
    Options
    Once a week, after I tinkle, before I eat/drink and in the nude. With digital scales.
    I also take my measurements at this time.
  • SexyPrettyMama
    Options
    Once per month, 2 weeks after Aunt Flo visits, on a digital scale.
  • xCancerxSticksx
    Options
    Whenever I wake up, be it 6am, or 6pm, I weigh after the bathroom and before eating. Every day with my digital scale.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning I wake, pee, brush my teeth and weigh.
  • toxicstarvation
    Options
    Once in the morning and once at night, on a crappy digital scale that has to be just so or it'll give a false reading
  • aymejia
    Options
    Every thursday when i get to work, with my scrubs and after my breakfast shake.....
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Every morning, wake up, use the facilities, step on the scale. It's a daily habit, and the fluctuations I see every day don't bug me - I find it kind of fascinating to see how the body weight can go up or down on a daily basis. But always first thing and all emptied. :smile:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself a lot just to see what different days of calories and exercise would do, and how different times of day would change things. In the end though, I now weigh myself once a week on Friday mornings. I don't sweat a few pounds either way, but look at the progress over a month to see the real changes.

Oh, and no clothes or such to help keep things equal.

Cheers.
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Every morning, wake up, use the facilities, step on the scale. It's a daily habit, and the fluctuations I see every day don't bug me - I find it kind of fascinating to see how the body weight can go up or down on a daily basis. But always first thing and all emptied. :smile:

Me too. Before I was watching my sodium intake and drinking water, my weight would fluctuate as much as 3 pounds a day. I use weighing daily as a tool to remind me to get my water in and to watch those processed foods.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    When I worked days, it was about an hour after waking... no clothes, after using the restroom, before eating or drinking. Now that I am working nights I think I am going to weigh in the evenings after wake up that night for work... since technically that is my morning. I've been debating it in my head all night because I am just as hungry when I get home from work in the mornings.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday morning, nude, after bathroom, before shower, before eating/drinking. Tuesday is also a morning after a rest day from working out.

I use a Tanita analog (old school) scale, which looks like it's from the 1950s. :)
    I like the calibration tool on it.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing myself Saturday morning after a light breakfast and my two glasses of diet soda. Its the same routine but I am getting frustrated with the once a week thing and want to check in more often. We have a wii scale. We got it right after xmas and I a really thinking of changing to it but wonder about how accurate it is. I was dead set on logging with it today but is showing a gain. Grrr.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Wednesdays, first thing in the morning, after going to the bathroom. Then I pace in front of the scales for a minute or two trying to get psyched up! Today was a good day!
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if it is day or night when to weigh in just stick to the same time each time.

I do it in the morning after being going through the bathroom. I make sure the scales are in the same place each time otherwise it can alter the results. I do it 3 times over about a minute.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I no longer have a scale at home, didn't replace it when the display went out, so I now weigh at work on our doctor's scale. So needless to say, I'm clothed! Seriously though, I usually weigh once a week and it would be a few hours after being awake and before I've eaten anything.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Every morning after pee and shower...no I lie I do it before, then the scale will go down a little. Cos after a pee (can be a 1lb or 2) and after a shower (hmm this is difficult cos if my hair is wet it may weigh more?)

But 1st weigh is always going to be a little more, 2nd weigh (with wet hair I have burned some cals showering)

1st weigh step on scales in a normal fashion, 2nd weigh (after shower) sneak up on the scale sideways, breath in, bend knees.

Then Saturday is weigh in day for real, so I just go with that one :laugh: