Something working for me

Options
bksteve26
bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
Hey guys...this may not work for everyone but its seemed to be working for me so i figured I would share. I have been stuck at 140 for 2 months now...couldn't get into that 130 mark but for the last week I've tried something new and it worked...i am now 139.4! What i did was started eating huge meals for lunch and wayyy smaller ones for dinner. I try to eat most of my calories early in the day now. And then at the end of my week, i eat something bad for dinner. (this week was half a steak and shake frisco melt, a small cheese fry, and a junior side by side banana chocolate milkshake with hot fudge...yummm) I still stay in my calorie range for all of this but the extra ooomph of the fat and the fluctuation and the eating earlier worked. I dont know if this was just a fluke, but it broke my plateau last time too. Might be something to look into. :)

Replies

• SassyMissDasha
    Options
    That's great!! I am glad it is working for you!
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    awesome! way to punch plateau in the face!
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Ohhhhhh interesting!!!! I seem to be a plateau queen. Not one bit happy about it. Seems like I lose for 2 weeks and plateau for 2 weeks. That may just be the way my body does it, but I like the idea of eating a bigger meal for lunch....Congrats on your success!!!!
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Just thought I'd throw it out there. And hey! If I get to eat something fatty once in while and still lose I'm not going to complain!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I try to do this as well! It's not always possible because of what's going on in my life and the fact that I have to have carbs at night to stomach my multivitamin, yada yada... Generally, I like to try to make breakfast my heaviest meal. If you fill up in the morning with protein, fat, and calories with a serving of carbs (I'm fond of 2 eggs with toast or an English muffin and some kind of vegetable), then that will stabilize your blood sugar for the day and curb your appetite. And that's NOT junk science. That's just years of experience with hypoglycemia talking! :happy: And your "bad dinner" is probably working so well for you because it's keeping you from feeling like you're depriving yourself.

Congrats on breaking your plateau! I've had plateaus that stuck for months at a time. They really make you just want to quit. That's awesome that you didn't give up! :flowerforyou:
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that you're losing weight again. I know there are several people on here that are in the same boat and want to lose those last 10lbs as well. I hope by reading your post it will help them see that eating even the bad stuff once a week helps you lose the weight. Keep up the great work.
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i'm jealous!! I am also stuck in the same spot.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    i try to eat my biggest at lunch. but sometime i cant. but i know when i do that, i eat less for dinner and my snack which is even better :) i play around with my food and calories wise :)

it is a great tip :)

OOOH and CONGRATS on breaking your plateau :)
  • GunnyGirlTN
    GunnyGirlTN Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You know in the days when people worked in the farms all day they ate huge breakfasts and lunches. Then what ever was left over from lunch would be what they ate for supper and then a desert was at that time. Thats how they stayed so thin! When we eat big suppers we normally don't do anything but relax and then bed, there is no room to calorie burn! So yes you have a really good idea!!!!
  • kalebsmama07
    kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
    Options
    ill try this! thanks a bunch
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    I do think it does help to splurge on a more fattening meal once in a while. It seems to challenge the body. I think the body gets used to a certain caloric intake. I have heard that in weight loss, you should give yourself at least one meal per week to eat what you want, some people even do a whole day of this, and still lose weight. It also gives you something to look forward to, for being good the rest of the week!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    This works for me also. I try to not eat after 7 (I don't care what they say, it works for me!). And I try to eat lighter at dinner than at lunchtime. The weight seems to off when I do this. Even if I were to eat an identical amount of calories, if I eat it after 7 it takes much longer to lose.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great! :) Since I've increased my calories to 1400 (about 2 weeks ago?), my meals went from biggest, smaller, smallest to pretty even. It fluctuates every now and then but that seems to be helping my plateau also!

It seems to be just anything to get your body out of its "rut". It gets used to how, what, and when you feed it, and how, when, and where you exercise. Seems logical to me! :)
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    When I was on WW someone created the Wendy Plan (probably wendy) that took your daily point allowance and shook them all up so that they still added up at the end of the week but they were all over the place on a daily level in order to break a plateau.
  • ataranto72
    Options
    I saw that Wendy plan back in womans world magazine years ago and i saved it. it is an awesome idea because scientifically it does something to rev your metabolism with a shock meal and it also takes care of the need to cheat. it is ok to splurge once and a while...i'll try to find the article and post more...it's here somewhere....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!