30 Day Shred - who'll join me?!

Options
I go on holiday on March 23rd, that gives me a little under 30 days but its near enough!

I've seen some great results photos posted on old threads on here that have really inspired me to give it a go, bikini body here I come....not that anyone will see me in a bikini since I'm going to Mongolia where its below freezing...so I guess that should be - super fit body here I come :wink:

Replies

• sashastackhouse
    sashastackhouse Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'll join! And Mongolia!?!?! Amazing! I will be heading to Vietnam in April so I would like to get fit for that.
  • gwangjujulie
    Options
    Yeay! I just did my first level 1...all be it without weights because I dont have any, off to the shops tomorrow to get some.

Vietnam is awesome, I spent a little over three weeks traveling through it a few years back - if you're looking for any tips of where to go give me a shout :smile:
  • donnalane73345
    Options
    I'm headed to Jamaica in April. So of course I am wanting to look better. Are you all starting today?
  • gwangjujulie
    Options
    I started today, but start when you like/can....its just great to have a bit of support to make sure we keep going :smile: .
  • CurlewisHoney
    CurlewisHoney Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started today!

Started at level two, will be mixing the three levels up a little.

And, funnily enough, I am living in Vietnam!
  • sashastackhouse
    sashastackhouse Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Haha! This can be the International World Travelers 30 Day Shred Club!
  • gwangjujulie
    Options
    Haha! This can be the International World Travelers 30 Day Shred Club!

If this was facebook I'd be clicking the like button to that one!
  • affini12
    Options
    I started Sunday and have done 4 rounds (twice on sunday cuz the first time didn't seem so bad....2nd time I felt like throwing up). I am taking tomorrow off because I had a massive migraine today. i can feel myself getting stronger. I love it.
  • CurlewisHoney
    Options
    I like it!

Ok, day two today. I am really throwing myself into it this time - trying to keep the moves as slow and strong as possible. By the end I want to die, so it must be working.
  • HannahsBestLife
    HannahsBestLife Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I just did day 3 level 1 today: :bigsmile:

I'm sore :sad:
  • verie_17
    verie_17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 of Level 1 today - not as sore as I thought I would be, but the soreness has been increasing all day - perhaps tomorrow is when it will really hit me. I think there are a couple other threads going of people who have all started within the last week or two - I love that there is now one more! I just started with MyFitnessPal in the past couple days specifically hoping to talk to peolpe who are doing it at the same time as me!

Can't join the international travel coming up club though - unless you count Las Vegas at the end of April. And somehow Canada to the US just doesn't feel so "international", even if technically it is!

Anyway - I look forward to seeing how everyone else finds the shred!
  • CurlewisHoney
    Options
    Day two, level two done!

I wanted to vomit at the end of it... it'll be worth it!
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm in. How much should the handweights weigh?
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm in sorta because I want to alternate 30DS with RI30 so I want to do this:
    5 days 30DS L1
    5 days RI30 L1
    5 days 30DS L2
    5 days RI30 L2
    5 days 30DS L3
    5 days RI30 L3
  • raiderlifer53
    raiderlifer53 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just completed my 30 day fresh start and have gone down from 215 lbs to 202.6= 12.4 lbs. This website has helped a lot. More importantly I have learned a few tricks that worked for me that might help others:

1) I calculated the calories for a sedentary person for the goal weight I want to be: For me this is important because it will be easier to maintain that weight once I get. In other words I have 2000 calories per day to work with and I follow the nutrition breakdown to make sure I have balance in those areas, so I don't have an excess of carbs or fat etc.

2) I begin each day with a 60 minute walk with my wife & the dog. I drink lots of water while walking and eat breakfast after my walk. In the afternoon I walk alone at a faster pace 4.0 mph.I don't use My finess plan other than to list my exercise in the comment area on my diary. If I maintain the lower calories for my GOAL Weight the exercise calories burned will equate my weight loss over the period. It has worked so far but remember as you lose weight the calories burned will lower because you weigh less.

3) I didn't eat any red meat, bread, cheese,saturated fats or processed foots like crackers etc. My only milk is skim milk in my tea. I eat 24 almonds for breakfast with a banana. The almonds are great for protein. At lunch I have oatmeal and fruit. My snacks are mostly fruit and raw vegetables. For dinner I either eat wild salmon or chicken, usually grilled and no skin. I have grilled vegetables or salads. When I have beer or wine I count it.

4) Good luck and I'll join you for the next thirty, phase II. Good luck!
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm headed to Jamaica in April. So of course I am wanting to look better. Are you all starting today?

I'm going to Jamaica in May!!! Where are you going? Is this your first time to Jamaica????

PS. I started 30DS on Monday so I'm totally in for this!!!!!
  • gwangjujulie
    Options
    I'm in. How much should the handweights weigh?

I'd say go with what pushes you but that you're comfortable with. I think I read somewhere about starting with 3kg weights and then increasing to 5kg weights.....I'm quite fit but have no upper body strength so thats way too much for me to be starting with (hopefully I'll build up to it fairly fast though!). Also I dont have any weights in the house so I've just done the first couple of days using a bottle of water in each hand!
  • gwangjujulie
    Options
    I'm in sorta because I want to alternate 30DS with RI30 so I want to do this:
    5 days 30DS L1
    5 days RI30 L1
    5 days 30DS L2
    5 days RI30 L2
    5 days 30DS L3
    5 days RI30 L3

I'm intrigued, whats RI30?
  • brittanycochran338
    Options
    Im on second round of 30 day shred! this time im doing 15 days on level 2 and 15 on level 3!!! Feel free to add me ladies!!
  • CurlewisHoney
    Options
    Day 4, level 2 done and dusted.

I felt much better after today - it is getting easier already. I am using 3kg hand weights, might up it to 4kg from day 6... maybe!