Weigh in!

pezperry5
pezperry5 Posts: 21
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I weighed myself today and since I started my diet I have lost 20lb in total! Im finding that the converters from stones and pounds to pounds on the internet are hard to follow and have found my profile say I am 33lbs lighter and this for a fact I know is not true! (I really wish it was?!) I wondered if anyone else from the UK had this problem and if so what website did they use to convert their weight! x x

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Great job! Can't help you with the converter...I'm in the US and have NO concept of what the he|| a stone is, lol.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Don't you just multiply your stones by 14 to get pounds, or divide your pounds by 14 to get stones?
  • Don't you just multiply your stones by 14 to get pounds, or divide your pounds by 14 to get stones?

Ditto 14 pounds = 1 stone

So 20 lbs would be approx 1.43 stone
  • pezperry5
    pezperry5 Posts: 21
    I have tried but kept doing it wrong. I have managed to do it but it still says I havent lost 20lb but 19 but its a bit more accurate than 33! Its when you work hard to see those double figures in the 20's come up! Thankyou for your help though. x
  • countdowntotarget
    countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
    Hi - CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss - either just google 'how much is ?? lbs into stones - or just divide the number of lbs you are by 14 and whatever is left is the lbs ie mine is 231lbs is 231divided by 14 = 16 stone 5lbs - WELL DONE x x

by the way 20lbs is 1 stone 6lbs - - -7lbs every 1/2 stone - if you divide using a calculator it only works in decimals of 10 not 14 which is what stones are (if that makes sense??)
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Hi well done on your weight loss, i am also from UK,

what i do to convert from stones on scales to pounds to input on MFP is: 14lbs x XXstones + the extra pound and dont forget the ounces as well if your scale has it, i failed to register that to begin with on MFP so it was saying less than what i had actually lost

i just use a calculator to work out

hope this helps, i'll send you a friend request
  • Rivah67
    Rivah67 Posts: 91 Member
  • Rea_K
    Rea_K Posts: 51
    I found that wherever tried to convert my weight it woud convert it wrong as like ddubsgirl4life says, it uses decimals of 10 rather than 14. I just do everything in lbs on here now. You get used to it. I'm around 8 stone 8lbs now, so if I want to work it out I just go 14 x 8 = 112, then add the 8, which is 120lbs- simple. Make sure you don't divide 120 by 14 though as it would give you 8.57, so you would need to ensure you only divide the amount of stones by 14, then add the 8lbs on after. It's been working for me from the start, and I also now have a better understanding of lbs and stones.

Hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.