I'm scared of Insanity...

Options
I'm considering doing Insanity with Shaun T before his birthday in May.( See his fb page)

But...I'm scared. I am willing to push through but some persons don't lose pounds while doing Insanity. They lose more inches. See, I have a goal and what I really want is to lose pounds....

Will Insanity help me to lose a substantial amount of weight? How has your experience been? Should I do it? I 'm doing Zumba now, by the way.

Add me too!

Replies

• nanook37
    nanook37 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You might not lose lbs with Insanity, than again you could try anything and it might not work for you - I tried Insanity for 2 weeks and really liked it... my knees and arches did not..... It is a good program and you should be a little scared but just do it....
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    A lot of people don't show a huge loss in lbs during Insanity.

To be honest, I completely cannot grasp the fact that you would rather lose lbs than inches because of some arbitrary goal weight you've set for yourself.

Loss of inches > loss of lbs.
  • msgrowinggirl20
    Options

To be honest, I completely cannot grasp the fact that you would rather lose lbs than inches because of some arbitrary goal weight you've set for yourself.

Ok...Well excuse me! lol
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know anything about Insanity, but if you lose inches and not pounds because of fat loss and muscle gain, how could that possibly be a bad thing?
  • msgrowinggirl20
    Options
    Hey....I never said that it's a bad thing.
    I was thinking that Insanity is more for toning but what I want to do is blast the fat away first.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I agree with the beer guzzler. Inches lost is what people will notice and what will help you get into that smaller dress size. Nobody knows what you weigh.

That said, what I don't understand is the fear. If you want to do Insanity, DO Insanity. What is there to be afraid of? Ain't nobody dying doing Insanity. Well, maybe a few, but hey, gotta go gotta go. How do you beat failure by not trying?

If you are thinking about it, order it RIGHT NOW. Operators are standing by
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

I agree with the beer guzzler. Inches lost is what people will notice and what will help you get into that smaller dress size. Nobody knows what you weigh.

That said, what I don't understand is the fear. If you want to do Insanity, DO Insanity. What is there to be afraid of? Ain't nobody dying doing Insanity. Well, maybe a few, but hey, gotta go gotta go. How do you beat failure by not trying?

QFT. Just DO IT!
  • msgrowinggirl20
    Options

Thank you. My sister has it so I'll use hers. Just needed some encouragement.
  • Godscanvas
    Options
    You do what's best for you.. We all can share our opinions and we all have different desires for ourselves, one lady posted what the short women's goals were on here- Many of them were around my height (5 foot 3 and a half) and they wanted to be 125 or LESS. I just want to be 175! Then if I hit 175 maybe I will give myself a new goal, but my desire is to be able to make my goal, get healthier, and do what's best for ME because I know that 125 is absolutely unattainable and unrealistic For ME but could absolutely be attainable for others..Try it, see if you like it, even if you can't keep up at first, as long as you are "into it" you can push yourself further and further- and no matter what remember, ALL EXERCISE HELPS TO REACH HEALTHY GOALS :) Sending you A Hug and GO GET EM ;)
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in week #3 and it's amazing!!! Be afraid...then tackle it head on...you can do it!

Take pictures, measurements and record your Fit Test results...you will be impressed! The scale will only move down in lbs if you take in less calories then you expend in a day (lots of sites to help you with how many calories you should consume in a day). Weigh yourself once a month (and also do all your measurements, etc) You will LOVE the results

Good luck!!!
  • hea33441
    Options
    I have Insanity and it is a lot of cardio...so you should loose weight. It is hard on the legs though. Just wear good shoes, you basically jump all the time. If that is what you want to do...DO IT!
  • msgrowinggirl20
    Options
    You do what's best for you.. We all can share our opinions and we all have different desires for ourselves, one lady posted what the short women's goals were on here- Many of them were around my height (5 foot 3 and a half) and they wanted to be 125 or LESS. I just want to be 175! Then if I hit 175 maybe I will give myself a new goal, but my desire is to be able to make my goal, get healthier, and do what's best for ME because I know that 125 is absolutely unattainable and unrealistic For ME but could absolutely be attainable for others..Try it, see if you like it, even if you can't keep up at first, as long as you are "into it" you can push yourself further and further- and no matter what remember, ALL EXERCISE HELPS TO REACH HEALTHY GOALS :) Sending you A Hug and GO GET EM ;)

Awwwzzz....thnx hun
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Just do it. On this site we have a wide range of people who wouldn't be caught dead doing others workout programs or diet styles, but that's what makes it great because it all "works" -- as long as you get your butt in gear and make it happen! Good luck!