What excuses do you make for yourself?

Options
Reza151
Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
Not sure if this is the right board for this....

What excuses do you use to rationalize some of your "dieting no-nos"behavior?

For example, when I REALLY want ice-cream, I tell myself "Well, osteoporosis runs in my family, and I don't like the taste of milk. The ice cream will give me the calcium boost i need!"

Replies

• _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I don't make excuses.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    lol.. haha.. I give myself the excuse.. should i order pizza or get take-out.. no i really shouldnt waste the money.. well i only live once. what if I die tomorrow then ill wish i ate what i really wanted... -- then i get the pizza or take - out lol... and feel happy in the end because i feel like life is to short. haha!

bad bad but i still do it.. lol.. dont judge me haha
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    You don't have to make an "excuse." Eat whatever the hell you want. Make it work into your calorie goal while also hitting your macros numbers.

I had a large Snicker's ice cream bar for breakfast yesterday. It was the *kitten*.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Sorry...I don't make excuses. If I'm hungry for it and I have the calories to support it, I eat it. If I don't, I don't, or I work out until I DO. (Which is why my sign says, "Will work out for food.")

ETA: Now that I have gotten into the habit of eating right, I don't really WANT the stuff that got me here in the first place, if that makes sense.
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My worst excuses are: I am too busy to fix anything healthy. I am too hungry to wait to make a better choice.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I DON'T MAKE EXCUSES I MAKE RESULTS!!

tumblr_lxpnoakKKm1qd4x8to1_r1_500.gif
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mewd8w5kNC1r2evylo1_500.png
  • justicekenny
    Options
    my mom called
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I make all of the excuses - but I also tell myself I can keep making excuses or I can make progress - so in the end I do what I gotta do to get the results I want.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I don't make excuses.

This.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    No.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    ETA: Now that I have gotten into the habit of eating right, I don't really WANT the stuff that got me here in the first place, if that makes sense.

Totally agree with this. I'm surprised how this has sunk in this time. A friend in Ireland who I am going to visit for a week fairly shortly suggested as I'd be on holiday I didn't have to worry about my "diet". I rounded on him and pointed out why should I make myself miserable on holiday by putting on weight and eating stuff I don't need or want. He did understand. Eventually.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    No.

Yes.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    "Ice cream's got more protein than wine and I lifted weights today."

"Wine's got whatever in it that's supposed to be good for my heart and ice cream doesn't."

Either way, there will be wine or ice cream.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't make excuses either... sometimes I have meals I probably shouldn't have had but there's no excuse, other than I wanted it!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I DON'T MAKE EXCUSES I MAKE RESULTS!!

tumblr_lxpnoakKKm1qd4x8to1_r1_500.gif

HOUSE :love:
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Making excuses is why I weighed what I did, why I weigh what I do, and I simply had to stop. So no more excuses, no more BS and I'm just getting it done. I OWE myself that much.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    No.

Yes.

Maybe.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I stay within my goals, but sometimes I do exchange reasonably healthy choices for those that are just too tasty to pass up and on those occasions I go with "I will just have to walk a bit further today".