How much water?

Options
I feel sick to my stomach when I drink water sometimes. Am I getting too much or am I just full?

My doctor recommended I eat 80-100 ounces of protein each day as well as 80-100 ounces of water. 8 glasses is only 64 ounces and I usually hit between that and 80. Even with this amount, I feel sick to my stomach sometimes. Am I hungry, too full, too much water? Why does this happen? Does it happen to anyone else?

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking it too quickly? Is it too warm?

Drinking warm water makes me feel sick if I drink it too quickly.

Try sipping water throughout the day. Or switch to things like teas, flavoured waters, etc to try and get water in.

Your body will get hydration from everything you eat and drink throughout the day. As long as your pee is light yellow to clear you are properly hydrated. Try just sipping on water throughout the day and see if that helps. Don't wait until you are thirsty to drink.
  • kellysulser
    kellysulser Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It could be dependant on how much you are eating? They recommend drinking 1-2 glasses before a meal, but if you are drinking a whole lot more water than your body is used to and not eating enough to soak it up, that can make you sick to your stomach. I had that issue when I first started drinking a lot of water when previously I barely drank any.
  • bethkrusac
    bethkrusac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hmm...thanks guys. I usually keep the water glass on my desk and sip throughout the day, but maybe it has to do with not eating enough. I know I'm properly hydrated because of my urine color, but I'm just really struggling to do what the doctor said without feeling sick.

Will try to eat more like you suggested. Thanks!
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way sometimes, try drinking a little less and stay withing the limits your doctor told you. I found myself actually drinking too much.. Try it out for a few days and keep us posted.