The Weight WILL NOT Come Off - No Matter What

Options
2»

Replies

• sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I totally empathise with you and look forward to reading other people's tips xs
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh?
  • JoGelinas
    Options
    For what it's worth, I agree about the stress and frustration. But I also see your age and know (as I am dealing with it too) that menopause has a LOT to do with not being able to lose the weight. Your body is not the same as someone in their 20's or 30's, and what works for them will not work for us. My menopause doc recommended the book "Outsmarting the Midlife Fat Cell" by Dr. Debra Waterhouse. It explains weight gain during menopause and what our bodies (and fat cells) are doing. Well worth the $11 on Amazon. Between that and the therapist I think you will be on your way.
  • auria17
    auria17 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should put away the scale work out, eat healthy and see how your clothes fit and take your measurements once every two weeks. In the end your weight is just a number that you know. Check out Coconut sugar if you ever need to use sugar for something. It is good that you have cut aspartame not just for weight loss but for your health.

Also look into super foods. I don't know where you live or if you have access to a natural health professional but you might want to have a few tests done to see if there is an imbalance in your body that might be causing you to hold onto weight. Sometimes you might be missing something small from your diet that could make a big impact. Also getting in shape takes time, the less you have to lose the longer it seems to take.
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to say that at our age (i am 61) eating more does not work. Maybe the 20 yr olds can do that but we cannot. After years of yo-yo dieting and other abuses to our metabolism and systems,eating more puts weight on. I lost weight by eating 5 times a day. Three meals and 2 snacks. I walk,do the 30 Day SHred and Ripped in 30. I eat between 1200-1400 a day including my exercise calories because I love to eat. I have remained at this weight loss for awhile and now it's moving again because I am not stressing about it not moving. I started to be more meticulous in my counting of calories because I got comfortable and didn't add little things in that added up. It is a way of life for me now. After a year and a half of this,I don't crave things,I don't binge and I rarely have a off day because I am obsessed and I now know my body can't take the pasta,breads,ice cream etc. I want to be healthy going into my later years and this is what I do. I wish you luck on your journey. Don't give up.KNOW your body and what works for you.
  • spaniel
    spaniel Posts: 468
    Options
    I am fighting the same problem and it is so frustrating...doing everything right and the weight will still not come off! But, I will not give up....my health and feeling better is worth the fight.

Hang in there...
  • mariabraceyrobinson
    Options
    Have you seen a doctor? Your horomone levels may be off. Your Thyroid may be acting up. Have it tested by your doctor.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    It really is not that difficult to understand, if you eat less than your body burns then you will lose weight. If you are not losing weight, then you are not eating less than your body is burning. That could be because you are underestimating your caloric intake or because you are overestimating your calorie burn, or a combination of both. Of course if you want the multi page hand held explanation then by all means give this a read http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12. Regardless of what the masses will tell you, our bodies are not as unique as a snowflake, weight loss is simply a matter of calories in versus calories burned.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    All those crazy diets youve done in the past has given you an UNREALISTIC view on eating healthy/dieting and exercising. Forget everything theyve ever told you. Regarding calories, go see a nutritionist. They will determine, height, age, weight, etc and then tell you how many calories you need to maintain, and to lose weight. Eat clean foods 24/7. Protein, unlimited vegetables and sometimes a bit of carbs ( brown / wholewheat only). (Maybe have a cheat meal every now and then if you want) It takes a lot of time. Be patient. For example, i eat clean 24/7 and exercise 6 times a week in a row targeting specific muscles with weight training AND 30 minutes of cardio daily. I aim for about 1lb a week. I am 22 years old, 5'4 and sometimes i cant even get 1lb off. It really depends on age, metabolism, everything!! So yeah i strongly suggest you see a nutritionist to help guide you on the right track. Dont treat this like a diet, but a lifestyle change. Going on and off of diets is no good for your body in the long run.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Also, there's nothing wrong with aspartame. Its one of, if not the most, tested food product out there.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "food". It's a manufactured chemical.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I have found that (for me) the quality of food is far more important to health and weight loss than the quantity. Filling my plate up with quality meat, veggies & fats has resulted in me eating more calories, but losing weight & body fat and feeling better overall.

This link might be helpful:

http://fueledfitness.ca/fat-loss-the-right-way/
  • caroldougal
    Options
    My sympathies...nothing worse than trying really hard & hittung a wall. I recently read Bob Harper's The Skinny Rules....from Biggest Loser. Entirely diet oriented. I thought the rules were good . He had 3 rules (there are a total of 20) that for me are critical to learn. 1) Maintain accurate portion control 2) DO NOT EAT CARBS AFTER LUNCH...no grains, starches, desserts, etc. Veggies are ok...small amt of fruit ok. Nothing After dinner.3) Go to bed hungry. Nothing after you dinner meal!!!! He says it really increases the fat burning when you fast. Tough rules. ANYWAY GOOD LUCK. I admire your exercise efforts.
  • msprettycutie
    Options
    Looking through your diary, there are some entries like "birthday cake one slice" (I know it's hard to estimate stuff like that, and I just try to find random equivalents too) or "strawberries half a cup." Measuring with cups can be incredibly inaccurate, and you might be consuming way more than you think you are. Fruit might not be so bad, but with rice or other carb or fat based things, it can add up quickly.

Give this entire thread a read including the comments. Make sure you watch the video on inaccuracies of measuring cups. I've taken to weighing most everything.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

^This. I was wildly off until I bought a food scale. You'd be astonished at how much you can underestimate calories taken in. I know it's frustrating, but you need to choose a program and be consistent for at least 2 months. It took longer for my body to respond my second try at losing weight than it did the first time. Don't give up and make sure you're eating enough to support your activity level.
  • WillItHappen
    Options
    I haven't read all the links that people posted...but have you looked into Metabolic Syndrome? (Insuline Resistance). I had a similar thing happen to me, except it was more frustrating. I have logs of having worked out and eaten well that span over 4 months with no weight loss. My blood cholesterol did improve, but that is the only "number' that improved. Previously, I had been able to diet/exercise and actually lose weight. I just joined this site actually so that I could respond to your post. I don't know if things have gotten better for you yet or not but if not, consider that there is a medical problem. Which if there is, you are on the right track with low sugar, and balancing any carbohydrate intake you do have with protein. Anyway...best of luck to you.