feel depress losing fat not weight

Options
Why i feel depress after losing sizes? ( sorry for my english not from america ) so I started my journey the first of the year, size 10-12 crossfit 5 days a t week, paleo diet ( at least i try even if is sot that clear yet to me what I have to eat ) today I am size 8 i am happy for the result BUT............ the scale is not going down...... I am upset .... I know I know the muscle weithg more and such... but still why I am depress about it! I am 160 lb and I want to be 140 ( at least ) .
what you guys can suggest me to do?
thank you
CIAO

Replies

• ttesta20
    ttesta20 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The fat you've lost has been replaced by muscle. That is a good thing!
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    Um, I'd be REALLY happy with the fact that you dropped those sizes! My ultimate goal is to be a size 8, and I don't care WHAT the scale says when I reach it. Don't worry about the weight so much as the fact that you're getting healthy and losing inches and pants sizes! Keep going!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    WHO CARES what the scale says if you're 2 sizes smaller? You probably look FABULOUS!
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I would be over the moon if I was losing inches and down 2 sizes. Feel blessed.
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I understand, a number on the scale can seem really important, it seems really important to me too! BUT, think about looking at yourself as somebody else, they are not going to see a number when they look at you, they are going to see your awesome body! Nobody knows that number except for you..and your doctor..and anybody else you tell :)
    You're doing awesome!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Why i feel depress after losing sizes? ( sorry for my english not from america ) so I started my journey the first of the year, size 10-12 crossfit 5 days a t week, paleo diet ( at least i try even if is sot that clear yet to me what I have to eat ) today I am size 8 i am happy for the result BUT............ the scale is not going down...... I am upset .... I know I know the muscle weithg more and such... but still why I am depress about it! I am 160 lb and I want to be 140 ( at least ) .
    thank you
    CIAO

losing fat...not weight...hmm. Well isn't fat the bottom line? Who cares about the scale? Do you walk around declaring your weight wherever you go? No..at least I hope not.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel! I initially lost 40lbs with cardio and eating right. I've been lifting for 4 weeks, wear the same sized clothes (size 8, us), measure BIGGER and only weigh 2lbs less. My goal is to be at least 25lbs less than what I weigh now. I am impatient and I want to shrink faster. Oh well, one day at a time gets the job done.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Adjust your scale so that it starts at -20.

Or weigh yourself on the moon.

Job done.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    You are depressed because you have no concept of what that number on the scale means. If you just want to be 140 and skinny then stop working out...you'll be nice and skinny-fat and the number on the scale will look the way you want it to.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Don't pay attention to the scale if your sizes are going down.

I would be happier if I was losing sizes even if the scale was the same weight. Who cares what you weigh... go by how you feel.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    As crazy as it is, I can understand, it took me a while because I only focused on the scale but don't worry, its no reason to be depressed :) You are getting fit and losing fat so that is what is important!

My weight is 149-153 and it just hovers there..yet I am losing sizes. I don't even know what the heck my goal weight is anymore!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    As crazy as it is, I can understand, it took me a while because I only focused on the scale but don't worry, its no reason to be depressed :) You are getting fit and losing fat so that is what is important!

My weight is 149-153 and it just hovers there..yet I am losing sizes. I don't even know what the heck my goal weight is anymore!

Jules, me too. I've been hovering at 184-186 but have lost sizes. I'm learning to put the scale away. I'm thrilled with the way I'm looking and the progress I'm making. I'm the only one who sees the number on the scale (except anyone here who I tell). Who knows where my weight will end up?
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I suggest you throw the scale away and enjoy your size 8's.
  • heyitsadam
    heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    thank you
    CIAO

I give people this tip all the time: keep an eye on your BELT (are you moving to a different hole?) and keep an eye on your WATCH (if you have a metal band like me, you'll notice the watch starts to "spin" around your wrist).

Those are good signs that you're getting SMALLER. I know it's tough because we're geared to look at the scale, but I get some satisfaction seeing my watch spin around my wrist.
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I give people this tip all the time: keep an eye on your BELT (are you moving to a different hole?) and keep an eye on your WATCH (if you have a metal band like me, you'll notice the watch starts to "spin" around your wrist).

Those are good signs that you're getting SMALLER. I know it's tough because we're geared to look at the scale, but I get some satisfaction seeing my watch spin around my wrist.

THIS
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    1zvesqw.gif

Seriously though - no one else knows what the number on the scale is unless you tell them. But people can see inches lost, looser or smaller clothing. Inches lost is awesome!!
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    don't look at the scale :) take measurements instead.. and congrats on your progress!
    don't let the numbers on that scale put you down.
  • Geis75
    Geis75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS...... IT IS A FIGHT OF MY LIFE.... I struggle so much with this weight thing...... I discover about last yeat that i suffer all my life with BING...... at 36..... can you believe???? well I try to stay focus and work out I really enjoy this crossfit and the diet that I am in.... even if I dont really understand if what I eat is right... anyway.... thanks again....
  • BioMechHeretic
    BioMechHeretic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You say you started first of the year, which essentially means you JUST started. 2 months is nothing.

For that amount of time you have dropped fat, gained muscle, lost inches, dropped sizes and that also means your body is probably always flush with extra water weight repairing muscles since you essentially just started.

You're making great progress.