Back here trying to pick up the pieces and start again...

Options
I was a member of MFP over a year ago and managed to lose 50lbs before becoming pregnant with my beautiful daughter Laney and in turn gaining back all 50lbs and then some...since becoming a mom I have had a hard time managing what I eat and also finding time for exercise and taking care of myself. My father also passed away on Valentines Day after a 4 year illness, so I am struggling with emotional eating as well as nightly binges. I am here to try and get my life back on track so that I can live the life I want to live instead of being restricted by my weight. I also want to be a positive role model for my daughter so that she doesn't have to face the issues I faced being over weight my whole life. I am looking at this as a personal journey of self discovery. I have to figure out what works for me and put myself first in the choices that I make for my life, which is something I struggle with a lot. I would love any support offered because right now I am not sure if I am in the right mindset to really do this at this time...but I know if I stay in this downward spiral its going to be even harder to pull myself out of it in the long run. I'm glad to be back here and hope that I will be able to stay on track. Any words of encouragement are greatly appreciated...and I feel NEEDED at this point...also feel free to add me as a friend =)

Replies