Early AM Workouts...Thoughts and Opinions

Options
Hi Folks:

Just a throught...I do alot of early AM classes this time of year, Spin, Boot Camp, and Power Yoga/Pilates. These classes are very early and at times I am at the class having only been awake like 10 minutes. (I live 3 minutes from the gym.)

Yes...it would be possible to get up earlier.....but the rest of my life won't allow it. I am typically busy until at least 10 pm with work and family obligations and getting up at 4 would be pushing ~4 1/2- 5 hrs of sleep...Right Now I typically get 6-61/2 hrs

Alot of times I feel Like Crap...for the 1st 1/2 of the class. For Yoga I am so stiff I kinda have to psyche myself into going. I loosen up again 1/2 way through the class.

Just wondering if this is actually counterproductive??? Every winter I gain some weight back even though I am dilligent with my program.

During Daylight Savings Time I will do a 1/2 Bike Commute as my cardio, so I am up, showered, awake and commute 1/2 hr to a dropoff point where I pull the bike off the rack and cycle to work. I feel better I push harder and yes....I lean out! I dread indoor cycling classes...but in winter I don't have a choice.

In Season(DST) I will often hit the gym in the evening and by Labor Day I am in tip top Shape!! I just cant hold onto it during the winter even though my energy balance seems to indicate I should!

Never gave it much thought until a gal at work spoke of a guy who died of a heart attack in her early morning exercise class and also that Stretching while cold can lead to injury. Also it seems that training on an empty stomach 1st thing in the AM, which was the practice for body builders trying to get lean......just doesnt work so well for me...(I have Metabolic Syndrome/Early stage Type 2 Diabetes and I take BS Meds).

Any thoughts?? Advice? Should I re-Think My Game?

Replies

• tleeiiiii
    tleeiiiii Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    maybe you ferl sluggish because you need vitamin d? when you commute you get it automatically.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You walk to the gym and still feel like that?

Are you drinking water as you get moving in the morning?
  • Prefessa
    Options
    Driving to the gym...its about a mile from the house.