1200 open diary ?

Options
hello my goal is 1200 ,and i was just wondering if anyone who had the same goal or near has an open diary ,or tips on how to stay within that limit ?x

Replies

• khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to my friends, feel free to add me.
    To be honest, I stay within 1200 cals because I use the net calories instead of total and I work out every day.
    This is the best way to stay within 1200 calories a day and not starve yourself. Also, allow yourself a little slack if you go over by 50-100 calories on the odd occasion as you are using the bare minimum.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1240 per day, so feel free to add me--- I do tend to go over/forget to log my dinners & usually don't log at all on weekends, though. Soooo I may not be the best person to look to as an example :wink:

I find it pretty hard to stay within the 1200 range, do definitely exercise to earn more calories if you can.
  • calisunrise
    Options
    if you are 160 lbs, you should be eating more than 1200 calories
  • kaseymei
    kaseymei Posts: 164
    Options
    I'm at 1400 +/- Diary is open... feel free to add me. :)
  • tRiNaBeAnZz
    tRiNaBeAnZz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello! I consume 1300 calories per day and always have an open diary. I used to be 1200 but am on my 8th week of TurboFire so I bumped up a little. :) Feel free to add me. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    First off, you have a lot of days where you are way under...you don't need to shoot under your goal..it's a goal, which means it is something to be achieved. That means eat back your exercise calories...your goal already has a substantial weight loss deficit built into it from your maintenance level of calories. Achieve your goals.

Secondly, 1,200 may or may not be realistic...it is the most aggressive weight loss approach on MFP and IMHO, should really be reserved for those with 50+ Lbs to lose as that calorie goal is usually below your BMR. That said, if you're going to do it, you need to net to it...which means you need to eat back exercise calories. Netting below 1,200 can be very dangerous and cause all kinds of problems...metabolic stall being the least of your concerns in the long run.

Also, you need to pick satiating, nutrient dense foods for the most part...lots of veg like broccoli, cauliflower, leafy greens, etc. Also, lots of protein and healthy fats. Steer clear of lots of carbs as these don't tend to leave you satiated for long and you just want more.
  • Eyesblu
    Options
    diary is open i have it set to 1270 but I give myself a little space and usually go over about 100-150
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    open diary, 1200
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Mine is open & just over 1200, but I do agree with others that 1200 maybe a bit too low for you. I let MFP adjust my calories based on my weight, what I need to lose, & my life style.
    Also, no one should be trying to lose more than 2 pounds a week...quick weight loss in the long run is not good!
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am 158 lbs right now, I am averaging 1167 calories a day and my diary is open to everybody.

It is ascetic, though. I don't eat any processed, chemical laden foods or any processed sugar or grain based carbohydrates. That was my plan. I had no intention of restricting calories this much. But, doing those two things created a sea change in how I feel about food.

I find this makes me disinterested in food. I also find I am enjoying the feeling of hunger, which is weird. I have way more energy than before which I attribute to all the vitamins and minerals I am getting. I actually boost my average by having cheat days. My modal average is 1120 which means I'm under that half the time.

It is working for me, though. For really real. I just did the math and, using my weight lost and the number of calories in a pound of fat, I calculated that I am in a 800-1000 calories/day deficit (the low number assumes 3 lbs of my loss was water which seems likely).
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    It takes a real humanitarian to sacrifice and ration yourself such a low amount of calories, however i must parrot the advice of most people on MFP: 1200 is too little calories. Anybody can "lose weight" but your goal should be reducing fat and gaining or keeping lean body mass (muscle). This requires careful calculation of your daily TDEE and food choices. Good luck to you but i strongly encourage you to eat more and focus on building a strong base of muscle.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    It takes a real humanitarian to sacrifice and ration yourself such a low amount of calories, however i must parrot the advice of most people on MFP: 1200 is too little calories. Anybody can "lose weight" but your goal should be reducing fat and gaining or keeping lean body mass (muscle). This requires careful calculation of your daily TDEE and food choices. Good luck to you but i strongly encourage you to eat more and focus on building a strong base of muscle.

who are you?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    MyUndereatingPal?
  • redphoenix64
    redphoenix64 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    you can add me, I am on a 1200 calorie a day
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I'm at 1200 with an open diary.

Tips - find foods that are low calorie yet filling, don't drink alcohol, don't eat out. I eat a lot of the same things for breakfast/lunch (1/2 avocado, yogurt, hard boiled eggs) and try to vary dinners.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Well.. mine is set to 1200. My goal is to net 1200.. but I never reach it. I'm never hungry. I eat pretty well most days, so it might be worth it if you're looking for meal/snack idea. I cook, a lot. So that's why my calories are so low. I use little fat when I cook (I don't like it) and no or very little added salt or sugar.

My diary is open to all. and i have some really yummy chinese food recipes and salad recipes in my blog and other stuff. I just need to find time to update it.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'm trying a new approach of 1200-1300 calories on non-workout days (and more on my 5 gym days per week, closer to 1700). Since today is day 1 of that, my diary probably isn't of much help, lol. BUT, I was VERY proud of my meal plan for the day today, so I thought I'd share it with you.

Breakfast - Gas station "latte" (shh, don't judge, lol) and 6oz fat-free greek yogurt
    Lunch - salad w/ 3 cups spinach/field greens salad mix, 1/2 oz full-fat cheddar cheese, 1.5oz deli roast beef, 1 C chopped raw broccoli, 2 T full-fat ranch dressing
    Snack - 1 small grapefruit, 1 oz almonds
    Dinner - 6oz wild atlantic salmon, 8 asparagus spears, 2 C sauteed spinach, 1T olive oil and 1T lemon juice divided across all 3 for cooking and dressing

Total - 1224 calories, 64g fat, 88g protein, 78g carbs.

Totally satisfying, limited processed foods, lots of fruits and veggies, lean proteins, and healthy fats.

I don't think I could/would/should eat that way every single day, but for 2 days a week I think it's a really healthy representation of what 1200 calories can be. On the other days of the week, I have a bigger breakfast (eggs with a meat and some cheese) and move my yogurt to a morning snack, and then add an evening snack (what it is depends on what my macros look like and how many calories I have left - maybe chips and salsa, maybe cottage cheese, maybe an apple and PB, maybe a bowl of ice cream, etc), but other than that it looks really similar.
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200 calories. My diary is open as well. Add me
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am 158 lbs right now, I am averaging 1167 calories a day and my diary is open to everybody.

It is ascetic, though. I don't eat any processed, chemical laden foods or any processed sugar or grain based carbohydrates. That was my plan. I had no intention of restricting calories this much. But, doing those two things created a sea change in how I feel about food.

I find this makes me disinterested in food. I also find I am enjoying the feeling of hunger, which is weird. I have way more energy than before which I attribute to all the vitamins and minerals I am getting. I actually boost my average by having cheat days. My modal average is 1120 which means I'm under that half the time.

It is working for me, though. For really real. I just did the math and, using my weight lost and the number of calories in a pound of fat, I calculated that I am in a 800-1000 calories/day deficit (the low number assumes 3 lbs of my loss was water which seems likely).

This was me until a few days ago. I actually calculated how many calories I should be eating in fat and protein (filled in carbs with the rest) based on my January diary/results. So now I'm up to about 1400 calories. I still eat pretty clean and am not deprived either, honestly some days I got to force down the extra 200 calories but I believe its for the best. I'm hoping to see good results. I changed my goal to 1.5lbs a week from 2.0lbs a week. I think this is more realistic. I changed my setting to light active from sedmentary too.