Active fitness pals wanted

Options
Hi I'm Natalie, I'm 38 and a mum to a 6 and 8 year old. I'm also a shift worker on the railway. I've been using MFP for the last 6 months or so and have never missed a day. I've found some lovely and very helpful friends over my time, who have helped keep in check and on track. I log and comment every day and offer advise where I can, I'm now looking for a few more like minded people to support me and be supported themselves. I can not be doing with collectors however. So if you think I'm up your street please add me, if not thanks for looking :)

Replies

• Zosimah
    Zosimah Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A shiftworker for the railroad? Wow, I can imagine that makes scheduling time for exercising is a workout in itself. Does your job provide opportunities for activing while working or are you chained to a desk managing things? Shift work is hard on its own. What "tricks and tips" have you found that help with good eating while changing schedule a lot?
  • doodlebug400
    Options
    The good thing with the job is whatever food I bring in is all I can eat lol, So the planning starts at home! I keep some supplies in, just in case, you know oatmeal, whole wheat pasta that sort of thing.
    Exercise wise it's difficult as I dont get enough gaps to do anything really. I walk around a lot which in a 10ft by 20ft box is no mean feet, but i rarely sit down, it helps that I'm in a manual box so there's a lot of lever pulling!!
    Outside of work I like classes, I'm not a gym lover only because I can talk myself out of going way to easily lol, where as with a class I will attend it, the problem I'm finding at the moment is fitting it all in with the kids and hubby wanting to go too, but I'm getting there :)
  • CharleneG_Barnes
    CharleneG_Barnes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what you mean by "collectors" but you can add me if you like....
    I have logged every day for over a year, I am dedicated and serious about continuing as I am not at goal yet.
    I try to comment as much as possible and every day when possible.
    My intention is to stay motivate and help/motivate whenever possible.
    If that helps in your journey -- you or anyone on the same journey (and who is serious about the journey) could add me.
    But be warned, if you dont log in I delete non-active "friends".
    Good luck to you on your continued journey.