I didn't weigh myself today!

Options
I am beating the scale finally. We measure on Sundays and I have lost inches but only a few pounds of weight. I see all the time here that people say to throw the scale away.

Well, we didn't do that. In fact, we bought a Withings scale that will automatically sync with MFP and record our weight. The bad news? It weights a pound heavier than our former scale. So just by getting the scale I gained a pound.

Yesterday I lost weight. Today I stayed off the scale for the first time in I don't know how long. I have weighed myself every day for years.

I feel the urge to run upstairs and weigh myself but that is not going to happen. I will now weigh myself on Sundays. The day we measure.

This is a victory for me. I hope I can stick to my plan!

Replies

• yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump because I am so proud of myself. I even went and took a shower and didn't step on the scale.
  • tuckervc
    Options
    Awesome! I fight that battle all of the time myself. It is such a good feeling when I step on the scale weekly and see the loss.
  • rdelsaz
    rdelsaz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bravo!!! I was getting into the habit of weighing myself every day. I was becoming a bit obsessive with the scale; therefore, since becoming a member of MFP on 2/11/2013, I’ve not weighed myself. I was determined to have a monthly weigh-in day, but decided that after my first month, I’m going to do weekly. I have this urge to get on the scale and find out whether the changes I've made in the last couple of weeks have been working. :(