best cardio for loss of spare tire?

funnygrrl
funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
anyone know what the best cardio is to lose weight off the stomach?

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Any cardio helps and unfortanetly are body will lose weight were it wants to. I know I wish i could pick a place and have it melt from there :-) Just keep active, mix it up and you will see results.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Running, elliptical, do some ab strength moves to strengthen your muscle so you're not "skinny fat".
  • zuzka
    zuzka Posts: 26 Member
    just bought me a slimming belt...never tried it..but you never know..it is supposed to do miracles ( shed excess water from around your middle)...as far as i heard:))))gonna give it a try in the morning...will let you know:))
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    As I understand it, you can't 'spot' burn weight. You kind of lose fat all over. Stomach exercises will help strengthen your muscles but they'll just be muscles... hidden under fat.

The only way to get rid of belly fat is through diet and cardio. And, unfortunately, in most people (especially women) the last places you lose weight are around the middle and on the insides of the thighs.

(To prove my point, have you ever seen a chubby person who's chubby EVERYWHERE- but has really good abs? Probably not. But you've probably seen lots of thin people with pot bellies.)

I have read, however, that the stress hormone cortisol (sp?) contributes to belly fat. Reducing stress in your life is thought to help keep belly fat at bay. Whether or not that actually works, though, I have no clue, lol.
This discussion has been closed.