Any recs for a DVD? (more specific in post)

Options
I have a few of the Leslie Sansone walking videos and I like them, but would like some variety.

Do you recommend any videos that might fit this:
Out of shape - so needs to be beg/int or able to be modified
Doesn't require much space or equipment
Needs to be short, or easily broken into segments
Would prefer "normal" people doing the workout with modest dress.

Thank you.

Replies

• WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I like Yoga Booty Ballet workouts too, they're "relax" enough if you're starting out. You can get them on ebay not too expensive.

There's even one of the videos where there's a 300+ plus girl in the back doing it. If that's not motivation, I don't know what is.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    you can search and preview videos on collagevideo.com to see if it meets your needs.
  • atfarmer
    atfarmer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi- I love the Jillian Michael Kickboxing DVD. Three workouts on it - 20 minutes each workout. You can modify any of the moves. When I first started doing it, I could only get thru about ten minutes and now I'm doing 40 minutes. Some of the floor exercises I can't do yet, but I just modify it and move my butt ! The gals have workout clothes on though, but it's normal clothing for what they are doing. Good luck on your journey.
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Rockin' Body worked for me! Shaun T is funny and very motivating in this series, and he is awesome about modifications. You can often get the program from beachbody.com for just $19.95.
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    When you said "normal people" in modest dress, I immediately thought of the Biggest Loser workouts
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser Power Walk is kinda like a version of Leslies workouts but with more moves and variety. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is circuit training, some cardio, some weights, and the workouts are short. Turbo Jam is really fun, there are several videos, you could just cut the longer ones in half if you don't have enough time.
  • aa62579
    Options
    Thank you. I'll check some of these out.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Denise Austin has some walking workouts you might like. You coauld also try some old school Jane Fonda and Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies". There is a workout I got in a sample DVD put out by Acacia by a woman called Petra Something (Kolber, maybe?) that is pretty low impact, but a nice workout. (Google is my friend, it is Petra Kolber, and it looks like she has several videos.) http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/videos-detail.asp?video=33 this is also pretty good.