New here, looking for supportive new friends :D

Options
Hello all!

I'm new here as of last night, and am hoping to meet a few people to chat with and trade tips, advice, etc.

I'm from Alberta Canada, and am 5'1 and 217 lbs. My goal weight is 115, and I'm hoping I can get down to 157 by my wedding which is August 13th! That is 3 lbs a week and I plan to get there by calorie counting and exercising. I just starting a running program (week two) and I also have started doing sit-ups and push-ups (crunches really).

I'm going into pre medicine in the fall and have a pretty busy schedule. I hope to meet some nice people here!

Replies

• MichkaMeShell
    MichkaMeShell Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'd love to add you and share my successes/failures/motivations! I'm an aspiring psych student who just got their AA and have quite a bit of schooling ahead of me :)

I'm 23, 5'11"
    SW: 301
    CW: 221
    GW: 170

I walk regularly, and have recently incorporated jogging into my routine as much as my poor knees can handle. I also do cardio work out/dance videos and plan on incorporating weight lifting into my routine when I get a bit more weight off of me. So far, I seem to be moving in the right direction :D
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me.
  • KrebKath
    Options
    Hi there! I lost weight for my wedding back in October and immediately put it back on (plus some). After some scary test results, I'm here to lose it for good. Feel free to add me. Love to make new friens (PS I loved Alberta!)!

HT: 5;2"
    SW: 158 lbs
    CW: 156 lbs
    GW: 130 lbs
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Good luck.
    Feel free to add me, anyone actually!
    :D
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Same here!

Anyone feel free to add me.

And best wished on your weight-loss journey!
  • jess6741
    jess6741 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just started logging on this site as well. Feel free to add me. I'm trying to lose the last bit of weight before my vacation and tone up a bit.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started dating on August 13th (2009). We wanted to get married the same date but didn't want to wait long enough for it to fall on a weekend so we just got married this past August 11th. You picked a perfect month. :wink:

I wish I started losing weight before my wedding. I'm very happy with how the pictures turned out and I don't look as awful as I felt a few months before during my friend's wedding, but still, woulda been nice to be thinner.

SW - 176
    CW - 169
    GW - 135-145 depending on how I feel.

Currently getting over a back injury from shoveling stupid snow but so looking forward to getting back into a routine.

Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    firstly congratulation on your forthcoming wedding!

secondly going from 217 to 157 in 5 months is achievable if you have serious determination!

wishing you best of luck!

feel free to add me
  • Bgolden1122
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm a message board newbie as well....but not new to the weight loss journey :0

I'm looking for some pals to share motivation tips and support.....I fell like I've been trying to lose the 20- 30 extra pounds on me forever!

Feel free to add me and good luck!!
  • minkychan
    minkychan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement and good luck on your goal!! I'm 5'1 and currently 208 looking to go down to 120 someday. Let's be weight loss buddies! :)
  • coacherik
    Options
    Hi there! Good luck! Feel free to add me.
  • LadyWarrior2013
    Options
    Hello, I'm Debra and also new to the group!

I have had my share of being overweight, it's been too long. I have a new grandchild and she's a handful, so you know I need plenty of energy! My goal is to lose 150 lbs. and I'm on my way.
  • kazorthia96
    Options
    hey im 5'6 and 186lbs
    everyone feel free to add me :)
  • acdk207
    acdk207 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Glad you're here! They more support and encouragement we have, the better!

5'4"
    37yrs old

CW 199
    GW145

Feel free to add me!
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Welcome. There are lots of nice, caring, sharing people here. Good luck on the journey. Feel free to add me
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am a daily user, walker, Zumba and weights :smile: I have about 100lbs to lose and I try to be as motivating as possible. Hope to meet some of you and help eachother through. Anyone feel free to add me. GOOD LUCK :flowerforyou:
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    HI!
    Welcome to MFP!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding, and also your pre-med major. I work in the medical field, in the lab. I love it! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. :happy:
  • catrunsintowindow
    catrunsintowindow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm from Alberta as well! Feel free to add me :)
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    good luck! Feel free to add me.

first suggestion, don't follow the calorie count on your tracker if it says 1200 calories, it will likely end up doing more harm than good to your metabolism (based on experience).

I'm from WI, so I have to deal with the snow and the cold (probably not as bad as you) but if you need suggestions for workouts you can do at home, or the gym, let me know!

Last, I love to cook, so if you need suggestions for recipes let me know!

Congrats on the upcoming wedding.
  • msemmabee
    msemmabee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome!