Pilates?

Options
I want to become more flexible so I'm considering Pilates. Does anyone have any recommendations for Pilates dvds?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The 10 minutes solutions one is a decent place to start. You might also look at their yoga if you're interested in flexibility.
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    What ^she said. Yoga will help you more with the flexibility. Pilates is more strength, I think. Don't quote me.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'll take your word for it and try yoga. Thanks everyone
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    If you do mat pilates, you will incorporate a lot of yoga in your workout. I am not sure about DVD's as I took a pilates class at my local community center. I loved it. I came out of each class feeling taller and leaner.
  • Mochila09
    Mochila09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Take a look at Cassy Ho' site: www.blogilates.com. It's free, and there's a huge range of workouts.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    What ^she said. Yoga will help you more with the flexibility. Pilates is more strength, I think. Don't quote me.

Yes - this^

Look for Hatha yoga .... if it's called "power" yoga it will help with flexibility & strength too.

This is my favorite yoga video right now: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/sara-ivanhoes-yoga-body-makeover-5586
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone's 'You Can Do Pilates' dvd. It's great for beginners and she works your core. the dvd is broken into 3 segments and the last segment uses a resistance band which I like. You get a great workout and the dvd is on amazon.com. It got positive reviews.
  • bucketbott
    bucketbott Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Take a look at Cassy Ho' site: www.blogilates.com. It's free, and there's a huge range of workouts.

Seconded! She has workouts for flexibility, strength, and cardio. She posts healthy and delicious recipes. And I find her to be really motivating!
  • NataliaCT
    Options
    Hi! Personally I like both Yoga and Pilates, and do both of them a few times a week. If you want to know more differences, go ahead and read this article http://nataliacoretraining.com/difference-between-mat-pilates-and-yoga/
    There's a great website which I 've been using for over a year called Pilates Anytime. Yes, you need to pay a little in order to take classes, but believe me- it's worth it. The instructors are amazing, the variety of classes is abundant and they post new videos every single day!
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I just ordered this DVD, which is almost universally highly rated:

http://www.amazon.com/Classical-Pilates-Technique-Complete-Workout/dp/B000069YWP

Classes in my area are out of my budget, but I'll still go to a couple of beginner drop-ins to make sure I'm not completely ****ing up and at least have a sense of form, and will then follow up with the above.