Help!

Options
I hate water and hardly ever drink it. PLEASE give me some suggestions on how I can get H20 in me!
:drinker:

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    just do it, lol. Your body needs it... craves it. It will help you lose the weight, in my opinion there is no substitute. Try putting a lemon wedge in it?
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Do you like ice tea? Crystal Light? Ive been putting fresh fruit in my water for flavor. I also can only get water down if I have ice in it.
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    If you must, flavor it as mentioned above...water is life!
  • mvlaurel
    mvlaurel Posts: 22
    Options
    It used to be really hard for me to drink water too. Now I hardly drink anything else! My trick used to be to sprinkle just a little Crystal Light in it. It doesn't take much to give it good flavor! Always keep a water bottle with you if possible. You will find yourself drinking from it absent mindedly!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I take a 1.5 litre bottle and put about a 1/4 cup of juice in the bottom. I don't mind bottled water but tap water tastes of chlorine to me, so putting a bit of juice or Crystal Light in the bottom of the bottle is the only way I can enjoy it.
  • ShastaAngel
    Options
    A sprig of fresh mint in your water is not only tasty, but good for you, as well! It makes the water more refreshing, especially with the hot summer days right around the corner!
  • mclark1588
    mclark1588 Posts: 28
    Options
    I had a hard time to at first. now it's just habit!! I feel so much better when I drink water. My skin loving it too.
  • Lightonmyfeet
    Options
    I used to have the same problem as you!
    Try putting a splash of juice or lemon slice in your water.
  • km323
    km323 Posts: 124
    Options
    Most grocery stores, including Wal-Mart and Target, sell their own store brand of flavored sparkling water. It has the bubble of soda with a sweet fruity flavor but no calories, carbs, or sugar. Just check the nutrition info to make sure it's sugar-free.
  • AdreaC
    AdreaC Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I used to NEVER drink water and now I love it! What I did, is I still drank the other drinks I enjoy, like diet Mt Dew, but when I'm eating I only drink water, because my cravings are being filled by my food, so you really don't miss the soda or juice flavors when your eating, PLUS you save money when you eat out!!! (and at home by not buying other crap!) Anyhow, now I drink water all the time and occasionally I have a diet mountain dew if I'm really craving it! But that really worked well for me!
  • princesses
    Options
    This might sound strange but I chew a Piece of Extra sugarfree spearmint gum with my water. It does the trick for me.
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I never ate breakfast before I found this site. Maybe I will start drinking water too!? You all have such great suggestions. I will try...
  • lydaugherty
    Options
    The only way I can drink water, is if it's half-frozen. You know, I take bottles of water, and stick them in the freezer for a little while. WHen they are frozen on the outside and gooey on the inside (if you will, haha) I'll crush em so it's icy.

But that's me. That's the ONLY way I can drink water, is if it's ICE COLD. Literally ICE cold.
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do to your water is to add some lime or lemon juice and a tad of baking soda. It will alkalize your water and can change the ph level in your body. A higher ph level can aid in weight loss among providing other health benefits. Not to mention it tastes great. The problem with Crystal Light and those other flavored drinks is that they are loaded with artificial sweeteners, dyes, etc. Not good for your body...
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i find pouring water in a glass makes me drink it more than when it is int he bottle. bottles can be sealed and forgotten about. i also put lemon and lime. it is super good for you...so it is a double whammy that tastes better.