Terrible Cravings during PMS..HELP !

Options
hello everyone,

i really need some help. Every month im doing pretty great on my diet..for about 2,5-3 weeks, but then the week before my period, i mess up everything i worked for so hard the past weeks!
It is so frustrating...its like i can EAT and EAT and EAT and i want everything that is bad and i just dont feel full.....

i especially want sweets, carbs, chips, crackers...if i had a whole buffet in front of me, i would eat everything!

Its frustrating and i dont know how to control these cravings..

can anyone help?????

Replies

• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    It is the estrogen that causes your appetiate to increase, try not to have those foods in the house, or find healthy alternatives, almond butter with a teaspoon of mini choclate chips, or whole wheat tortilla baked , then break up and eat with fresh salsa, look up healthy options and keep portions small..
  • JessicaP327
    JessicaP327 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It is the estrogen that causes your appetiate to increase, try not to have those foods in the house, or find healthy alternatives, almond butter with a teaspoon of mini choclate chips, or whole wheat tortilla baked , then break up and eat with fresh salsa, look up healthy options and keep portions small..

almond butter and mini chips, thats actually a brilliant idea. I don't have these cravings for the most part, but in general I am always looking for healthier snack options (considering I am allllwayyyyssss hungry regardless of the time of the month). The thing that gets me is the bloating and water retention during this time. So obnoxiously annoying.
  • Julia_Schmitt
    Options
    oh god yes...i bload up and store water like crazy...my boobs swell up like crazy too, my brad is tight, my jeans too, just everything...lol

and the older i get the worse it is...

small portions are a good idea, but its hard....i KNOW what to do and what to avoid, but the cravings are so strong, its terrible
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I share your pain!
    I get pretty bad cravings too, as well as all the bloating and whatnot. I've stared drinking Options low cal hot chocolate for my chocolate fix, only 40 cals a drink and it feels filling for a while too. And Soreen malt loaf as an alternative to cake (it has that awesome chewy consistency, though it is still sugary).

I'm on the lookout for other ideas though! I feel ravenous around that time of the month!
  • katiekido
    katiekido Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm having this problem right now - out of control cravings for snacks, especially salty (I just ate over 600 calories worth of snacks I did not need!) I am fine all month long until the week before and there is no amt of snacking that will satisfy! I try to counter balance it with more working out to ward off some of the guilt but it's just a very bad cycle! HELP!
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Same with me - I can happily ignore sweet things the rest of time, but come TOM I could dive head first into a bucket of chocolate.

As said further up the thread, the Highlights and Options flavoured hot chocolate sachets give you a sweet hit for 40 calories.

I've also discovered the Philadelphia cheese with chocolate and the mini pots are under 100 calories and are very rich. Just avoid the big tub though or you'll be tempted to wade through much more than a portion.