water/black tea

Options
Really silly question about water and black tea.

I don't drink black tea very strong, would that go down as 1 cup of water as well, as technically, it kinda is just water, with a flavour LOL!

Or is "water" literally, from the tap/bottle plain good old WATER?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Teas count. You really don't need to stress water. As long as you feel hydrated, you are good to go.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I think it counts as water. If that's what helps you get enough water, then I think that's fine.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Many discussions on here about that. Do whatever makes you happy because you'll get too many different opinions here.
  • amye004
    Options
    I count herbal teas (caffeine free, no sugar, no cream/milk) as part of my water intake. I don't see how it is any different then water with lemon or water with crystal light.
  • EmmaReed84
    EmmaReed84 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

Sometime I crave water, as in crave it so badly I will have a few glasses one after the other. I sometimes get a metallic taste in my mouth and won't go unless I have had water.

But then other days I just don't fancy water on it's own, I don't drink cordial as that makes the metallic taste worse, it is either black tea, coffee, or fresh juice or smoothies.