Canadian Eh - TUESDAY

Options
So our first official Canadian eh group post. Hopefully everyone from yesterday will come back. I am going to post everyday in the Motivation and Support Forum. I plan on posting every day, what I’ll do (or whoever wants to start the thread) Make the title “Canadian Eh – Monday” or “Canadian Eh – Tuesday”…whichever day it is…and we can just come and chit chat or do weekly or monthly challenges, or whatever, we will make it up as we go along. I’d really like to get to know everyone and just motivate and like I said before, kick a butt or two when we fall off the wagon.

Whets everyone’s plans for today?
I am getting the kids ready for school, then off to work for a whopping 2 hours. Yup 2 whole hours. I am actually on a gradual return to work from my car accident, and 2 hours is about all I can handle right now. Anyway after work I have a doctor’s appt, then the cleaning ladies are coming…Yay! Maybe this accident was a good thing (NOT), but I have never had cleaning services in my house before, but again due to the accident ICBC is paying for it, so YAY ME! Then I will just see how much more I can handle throughout the day.

What did everyone have for breakie?
My usual was 2 hard boiled eggs and two cups of coffee EVERYDAY. I have now cut that down to 1 egg and two cups of coffee (can’t cut the coffee down) lol. I have had this breakfast every single day for the last 9 months. I know, how boring hey, but it keeps me full for a really long time, Sometimes I will add a fruit in there too, just to spice things up a bit.

Anyway I’ll chat later and I hope you all have a fabulous day.

Replies

• LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Canadians!!!!

MMmmm boiled eggs sound so good...I should do that some days instead of CREAM OF WHEAT every day lol. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my COW, but I like to mix things up when it comes to food.

I'm sitting here at work in downtown Toronto. About to go check out a "Diversity Celebration" that the bank I work for is having :) There is food - but it's not free. That makes it oh so much easier for a cheapo like me ;)

Looking forward to swimming in our pool tonight!!! I already logged the activity and wow, I'm super excited over how many calories swimming burns!

Of course 99% of those calories will probably go to beer....but hey, it's a good system ;)
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi fellow Canadians.

Didn't see yesterdays post til this morning so thought I would jump into it today. I joined this site on Sunday and really just started using it yesterday.

I am 47 (48 in October) and am from a small town just outside Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary last September. We have 2 wonderful girls (aged 9 and 10). I work full time as an addiction counsellor with high risk youth, and my husband is a shift worker (4 on 4 off)

I have been struggling with weight loss for quite a while now (actually not doing anything about it), and have decided that it is time to get serious with it. My starting weight is 239.6 lbs and my goal is to lose 2 lbs per week using a combination of diet and exercise. The exercise part I know I am going to struggle with as it is very easy for me to find excuses why I can't. Every once in a while I tell myself that my health is important not only to me but to have a quality life with my family, but it is still easy to find excuses (too tired, not enough time, etc). Thinking about it at this moment, I believe the real reason is that at this weight I find it physically hard to exercise, and shame of my body makes it hard for me to get out there and do anything. I have started walking more though. My goal is to do 60 minutes of exercise a day...whether that is walking (leisurely) or wii or some other fitness dvd.

Plan for the day:
    Hubby and I up with kids at 6, working together to get them (and us) up and fed. Today was toast day - I cut down my usual 2 slices to 1 and halved the marg I put on it. I also had cheez whiz, but never use more than a smidge.

7:15 dropped the kids at daycare then off to work for 8..That is where I am now. I work til 5 pick the younger up at daycare (older will be at soccer practice and will ride her bike home), go home, let dog out, get supper while helping with youngers homework and getting their lunches ready for next day, eat, then decide if I am going to go on half an hour walk (would be good for dog) or do a couple wii games for 1/2 hours (already planned on wii golf and wii bowling and added it to exercise log). At some point in there elder should be home and I will have to get her fed and homework coordinated. Hubby home at 8:30 (I think I will leave him on his own for supper) and my younger brother is supposed to show up sometime tonight too. Whew! {I PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE NOT TO LEAVE THE EXERCISE OUT OF WHAT LOOKS LIKE AN CRAZY BUSY EVENING} Finally...Bed at 10ish.

:happy:
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Morning fellow Canucks!

Mmmmmmmm! hard boiled eggs, I usually have one for one of my snacks.

I'm in Ontario, 59 yrs old, unemployed & broke & really looking forward to the HST. NOT! One good thing is it gives me time do some type of exercise every day. This morning I did 20 mins of hatha yoga (63 cals) & 25 mins of resistance bands (123 cals) I might do Turbo Jam later, it all depends on how hot it's going to be this afternoon. I try to do some type of strength training on Tues & Thurs & do a 2 mile walk in 40 on Mon, Wed, Fri.

I eat most if not all my exercise cals, drink my water & stay at 1200-1350 daily. I have really weird food allergies which tend to hamper my weight loss & I've been stuck at the same weight (within 2 lbs) since Jan. So if you have any suggestions I might not have tried yet I'd love to hear them.

I look forward to discussions on anything to do with weight loss, exercises, or just being from Canada.

151232.png
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Greetings all, I am work today - I work full-time for a major electricity producer in Ontario.

Today at work, I am eating really well (as usual). Two pieces of Weight Watchers toast with peanut butter for breakfast. Snacks = hard boiled egg and 1/2 cup watermelon. Lunch = leftover grilled vegetables, 35 cal yogurt, turkey pepperette and 1/4 cup raspberries. Often I fall off the rails at home by having some red wine which leads to poor food choices.

Anyway, today is also my first baby's 19th birthday so we are going out for dinner at Milestone's. My youngest girl left for a 10-day arts camp yesterday. I'm loving the quiet at home - no bickering/stupidness etc :bigsmile:

I've spent an hour today walking to meetings, and 1/2 hour walk at lunch. I hope to run outside for about 30 minutes when I get home but am still in recovery mode from a hip injury.

It is a hot day here which makes drinking my water easier :happy:

Nice chatting with everyone,

Sue
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Whets everyone’s plans for today?
    I was up with the birds doing my P90X. Just finished week 7. Tomorrow is a rest day and I really need it. Yesterday I did legs & back with Ab Ripper then spent the entire day standing watching my kids' track meet. They did well with 5 ribbons. Then last night I coached baseball. This morning was Kenpo (cardio kickboxing). TOM hit right afterwards and now I have cramps. So the rest is a much needed rest lol I run daycare so today I will be taking it easy with the kidlets, pick kids up from school, and help hubby remove the old siding from our garage as we are residing it. Then teeball tonight. Hopefully early to bed :)

What did everyone have for breakie?
    No breakfast for me yet. I am not a breakfast eater but I did have tea with some cream and sugar instead of the chocolate milk I usually drink after my workout. (Please don't talk to me about breakfast is the most important meal....blah blah blah. I have NEVER in my life been a breakfast eater. I just eat a couple hours after i wake up)

On that note, I hope everyone has an awesome food and exercise day today :smile:
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Hey Canadians! I am NOT Canadian, but I live about 2 miles south of the Canadian border in Vermont. We had a ton of smoke in the air from forest fires in Canada, and I saw this post and wondered if any of you were near them or knew anything about it. I hope everyone north of the border is safe!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I know there are alot more canadians out there! Lets see if we can get all to post!

I wish the rain would stop, when we moved to the island last May it was beautiful and it stayed all summer long, but now this yeaar rain!! But I am not complaining, it could be the Snow I am missing in Edmonton, LOL!

Cheers to my fellow Canadians:drinker:
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hello again fellow Canucks,

I'm guessing there are a lot of folks who have a hard time fitting any exercise into a heavy schedule. The following link is from yesterday's repeat of the Steven & Chris show, it's a 7 minute workout & you can actually repeat it as often as you like. For those of us who already workout, it's a good warm up routine.

http://www.cbc.ca/stevenandchris/2010/05/gym-class-time-based.html

151232.png
  • WildeChikk
    WildeChikk Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Peeps

Worked my 2hrs and then went to the doctors and while I was there I was hit by a Mac Truck (NO seriously)….well it sure felt like it anyway. So I am REALLY gradually going back to work. Next couple of weeks are two days at 2hrs each day, and then they will reassess me again. Had a great talk with my doctor though…..you have no idea how frustrating and irritating these last two months has been. For someone who diligently exercised 5-6 days a week (hard) to sitting on my duff doing absolutely nothing, well let me tell you how depressing it truly is. So I will vicariously live and get all my endorphins through you guys. Lol On a good note, the cleaning ladies just left and I have a lemony fresh house again. YIPPY! Simple little pleasures, that’s all I ask for.

LongMom I never was a big COW fan, but I LOVE oatmeal. There was a post yesterday for a recipe for breakfast cookies and I am going to try to make them today…if I have the ingredients. But they may be a great alternative to my eggs too….I’ll keep ya posted.
    I love swimming, that was one of my go to exercises for sure. I use to do laps for an hour at our pool…so missing it! Beer huh??? My extra cals would be for wine, gin, ok a nice cold beer on a hot day….oh who am I kidding, gimmy what ya got.

Corrie62 Welcome. What an interesting job you have. I bet it can get pretty depressing too though. If you need a swift kick up the heiny every once in a while to get your motors moving and start exercising, just ask, I have some really great thigh high big pointy boots I could put on for ya…tee hee. We all need a nudge here and there and once you really start doing it faithfully, I promise it get so much easier and you won’t want to miss a workout.

Avandel unemployed huh? That bites. What kind of work are you looking for? Ya, I am soooo looking forward to HST too. Ummm NO! Im not sure what I could suggest for shaking things up with you being stuck at the same weight for so long now. Especially with your allergies, not sure what you can and can’t eat. But you say that you eat all your exercise Cals, maybe try not eating them all. Sorry, wish I could be more help.

Sue greetings to you as well. I fall of those same rails most nights too. Red wine is my fav. Im definitely not a connoisseur by any means, but I do like it, and that’s really all that matters right. Happy B-Day to your “baby”. 19 is a BIG one. Is He/She excited? Boo to bad hips. And man, send some of that sunshine my way please. I am a heat freak…hotter the better for me.

Mommyhof3 I have been hearing so much about this P90X since I got on this site, and I had never heard of it before, I really must check it out. Maybe something I can do when I get back to exercising. NO breakfast is important speeches from me, but I could NEVER go without it. I think I would pass out if I didn’t eat in the morning.

Tabbydog sorry can’t tell you anything about any fires, I haven’t watched any TV for the last couple of days and I don’t get the paper. But I too hope everyone is safe, and they contain it.

Blondie YES please let this darn rain stop. Oh I just looked outside as I am typing this and it has stopped. Ask and you shall receive. It does look like it will start again though…BOO. And I vote that the S word NEVER be spoken on this site again. That gross white cold stuff can just stay away….I HATE COLD WEATHER, can you tell.

K off to find something to make for dinner, kids will be home in a bit and gotta get them fed early tonight, (softball), my oldest daughter is in Rep Ball, and so there is A TON of travel, plus she has to be at every game 1 hour early, so they are outta here by 5:00.

TTFN
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I just saw this on here, I was on the other one...

So today, i went to work. i tried to eat really well, and did pretty good... until the hubby called and said he was coming late and to throw a lasagna in the oven... :noway:

so i did level 2 of the 30 day shred.. i really want to go for a jog but the stove is on and no one's home... so i'm probably just going to sit and wish i could lose my belly fat lol

Happy Tuesday everyone!
  • WildeChikk
    Options
    Funny girl….mmmmm I love lasagna, but soooo bad on my thighs. I haven’t actually had lasagna in, ummmm, I don’t know when the last time I had it was? And I miss Jillian kicking my butt. I use to do the shred about 6 times a week. I love her, but I hate her too. lol
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Funny girl….mmmmm I love lasagna, but soooo bad on my thighs. I haven’t actually had lasagna in, ummmm, I don’t know when the last time I had it was? And I miss Jillian kicking my butt. I use to do the shred about 6 times a week. I love her, but I hate her too. lol

my relationship with Jillian is definetely a love-hate relationship. my boyfriend recently set up a workout area for me in the basement, so i've warned my neighbours if they hear me telling someone to leave me alone or if i yell something about me dying, it's just me yelling at Jillian

lasagna was good,i won't lie but i felt like i added 10 pounds to my waist, so i had to go for a sprint after dinner :-(
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I am really new to MFP! I am from Alberta, land of the snow LOL... I am hoping to lose 20 pounds :)
  • WildeChikk
    Options
    Evening Blankiefinder (cute name by the way) do you do daycare? I am also a newbie, not quite a week yet, but I am loving it.
    See you all tomorrow,
    Night night
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Evening Blankiefinder (cute name by the way) do you do daycare? I am also a newbie, not quite a week yet, but I am loving it.
    See you all tomorrow,
    Night night

No, but when my kids were little, I seemed to always be looking for my son's blankie! LOL

Christine
  • Bamcanada
    Bamcanada Posts: 3
    Options
    bump