Trying to decide the next bb program to do, opinions?

Options
I am loving ChaLEAN Extreme, and am a couple of days from the Lean phase. I am thinking proactively about my next program.

I LOVE the weight training. I tend not to like cardio-heavy programs, but really enjoy the weight training. I am also up for a challenge. I am slightly time challenged in the fact that I am not willing to do over an hour a day, I like ChaLEAN because there are 2 days at around an hour, but the rest are 35 minutes or 40. I really want to do P90X but the time is an issue, but if I had the time (kid routine in the am and I already get up before 5) Actually, it is not beyond me to get up even earlier, I love the morning, but I get so little sleep as it is.

I was thinking of the Les Mills Pump, but I don't hear too much about that. I am also thinking about the other Les Mills one, the martial arts inspired one, can't think of the name. I have been on the site and looked around and there are so many!!!

I guess I am just looking for ideas.* I think* the woman who I was working with as a BB coach gave up on me because I never get responses to my messages :( I think it's because when I first had my interest, I was in a different place financially and chose to put other bills first rather than invest in the challenge with the shakeology. Perhaps that ended up being frustrating to her because I just ordered the basic program. I am not really sure, but I am ok on my own, I was just looking for some input. I guess I am decision challenged, lol.

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Consider a weight training program, rather than weighted cardio like bodypump.

Such as Stronglifts, Starting strength, new rules.

Feel free to break free from MLM fitness and get faster strength results for less money.

*edit

I thought you meant body building / weight program initially, and not beachbody.

so. do whatever.
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am open to it all, I am not married to beach body. I just love the experience and ease of the DVDs. I used to design my own and then I found I was slacking. I prefer home workouts for a few different reasons. I actually have a gym membership and I could do it, but I prefer working out in the morning first thing, so the DVDs help so much.

I was just wanting some ideas and I thank you for yours. I have a friend who is getting great results with the New Rules for Lifting for Women, but she goes to a gym.

I have heard good things about Body Revolution as well.
  • neekos
    neekos Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm about halfway through body revolution and I love it. I recently started adding in Turbo Fire for cardio but I went through the first phase without it and I still lost 5 or 6 lbs. I am 5'7 and 125 lbs so I didn't have much to lose, but it's great.
  • Merci444
    Options
    Is Body Revolution mostly strength training? I might try that. I am tempted by Turbo Fire, but would miss my strength training.
  • Joey_TheGreat
    Options
    one person has many routine and his name was Vince "Iron Guru" Gironda. he has workouts from strength, bulking, cutting, dieting etc. any question in particular willing to help
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    My honest opinion? Take everything you have learned about yourself so far, and develop your own program. Even if it sucks, learn from it, and redevelop. Eventually, you have to do this anyway, so you might as well get used to it. :smile:
  • EverythingIsTakenAgain
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the BB programs; have done P90X, P90X2, Insanity, Asylum Vol 1&2, and TurboFire. Have you looked into Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer? I personally haven't done it, but it may be a good solution to your time constraint while still being a weight-lifting workout.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Is Body Revolution mostly strength training? I might try that. I am tempted by Turbo Fire, but would miss my strength training.

BR is a mixture of strength and cardio. I didn't like it as there was too much balancing required.
  • Merci444
    Options
    I love designing my own program, and I used to do this but I tend to work out longer when it is either a class or a DVD. I also have a trainer that I work with twice a month who helps me with my form and gives me routines. I just love a shiny new workout program ;)

I am ok on the balancing, but I think it would be annoying to have too much. Maybe I will look around online to see if I can find a copy of one of the DVDs that I can view before I decide. I REALLY want to do P90X, really, really want to do that. I get up at 5 to work out, and I am considering getting up even earlier.