Bikini shopping

Options
xonophone
xonophone Posts: 474 Member
Okay, I swore to myself that I would refrain from posting about my successes because I know there are people out there who are struggling very hard and have worked much harder than I have, and I applaud and respect each and every one of you who has resolved to change your lifestyle to a healthier one. But I am so excited about this that I am going to explode, and all my non-MFP friends are probably getting tired of hearing me anyway! So this is the story: after dropping down to a size I never thought I'd ever see again, I decided to to the ultimate test and go bathing suit shopping this weekend. And not just ordinary bathing suit, but bikini shopping because I would like to have a tan belly again, like I did when I was young and sleek! I tried on dozens at various stores and was getting discouraged, and thought to myself "what business does a 40 year old woman have wearing a bikini anyway?" Then I struck gold at TJ Maxx, where they had a huge selection of bra-sized bikinis, which is really important to me because I've always been top-heavy, even when I was a size 4 (which by the way I have no intention of ever being again!) I thought that I looked good in them, but wanted to be sure I wasn't kidding myself, so tonight I modeled them for my husband for his candid opinion. He gave an enthusiastic 2 thumbs up to each and every one of them! The only one he told me to return was a halter style tankini that was loose and flowy and pretty much covered everything. He hated it! I warned him I would be walking out in public wearing these bikinis and yet he still approved. So they are in the washing machine as I type this and I plan on wearing one tomorrow, when we go to the marina - where there will be other people who will see me :blushing: .

So I truly hope this didn't come out as gloating, but i wanted to share it before I implode from joy and pride that I had the willpower and dedication to make my goals. Which, incidentally I could NEVER have done without the help of MFP!

Replies

• estett
    estett Posts: 6
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!! thats awesome!
  • beckbeck
    beckbeck Posts: 31
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC! Don't be afraid to be proud of yourself! You worked hard! Great job! :)
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Thats great! You should be proud!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    gloat away! great job!
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    Not "gloating," but INSPIRING!
  • lilsprstr
    lilsprstr Posts: 4
    Options
    Great job!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Aw, shucks...thank you very much :flowerforyou:
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options

Aw, shucks...thank you very much :flowerforyou:

You're welcome! ;o]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!