PMS...someone PLEASE reassure me!

Options
Ok, I finally got my period back in the beginning of Feb after not having it for 6 months due to undereating/too much exercise. I stopped working out every day and started eating more after I realized.
I'm pretty sure I'm about to get my cycle next week. I've gained 5 lbs in a week and my pants are tight. I feel gross! I've been working out like normal and not overeating. Help! this HAS to be PMS right???

Replies

• awholenewworld
    awholenewworld Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Relax. I have been there. It is water. Your body retains water around that time of the month to compensate for the bleeding. Your weight will slowly get back to normal when you are done. :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Probably. I go up/down as much as 6-8 pounds sometimes. Also, look at the amount of sodium you are eating, that can cause false weight due to water retention.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Yes most likely it is! So try to breathe easy....another thing that really helped me (when I had periods) was to SLEEP! We all tend to be on the go so much, get tired but then eat instead of sleep. Seriously think about how fast paced our world requires us to be, multi-tasking all the time.

So try resting a bit more, lay down read a book, take a warm bath, etc.

HUG :smile:
  • tators19
    tators19 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to "feel gross" when you're pmsing, that's the only way I can tell that I'm pmsing. Worry less, sleep more, and find something to laugh about.
  • rhalpin86
    Options
    I have my period now and refuse to step on the scale. Also for the fac that i've been eating lots of sweets.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think I liked it better when I didn't get my period and I didn't have PMS. But, obviously that wasn't healthy and my body was telling me that! ugh..waiting waiting waiting!
  • ShellysRoad
    ShellysRoad Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have my period now and refuse to step on the scale. Also for the fac that i've been eating lots of sweets.

What! Sweets! Oh no! Me too last week.

I can hold around 10lbs of water before mine!
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing to worry about.

I gain nearly ten lbs around my TOM. It always goes back down.