Back pains :(

Options
So for the past 2 or three months, I have been waking up with moderate pain in my back when I wake up. Once I get moving, it is fine. Last night I woke up several times with the pain and its carrying into today. But here's the thing... it is only my spine that hurts throughout my entire back. I feel it in my neck as well. I am 5'10", with DD. I carry a little extra weight in my tummy, and I heard that is a contributer. Anyone else with this!? My mattress is in good condition and is about 2 years old. HELP!

Replies

• katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My birth mother also has spinal curvature.
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Call your doctor
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Call your doctor

Yeah, this, or a chiropractor :(

I have hip issues sometimes. Getting adjusted does wonders.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have back pain from losing weight. As soon as I lost 5 stone (70 pounds) back in August 2011 it started. I got it just from laying down so I would wake up at night with it. With me, it is because I am now standing differently and my centre of gravity has changed. It has only just started to get better after losing much more but my back can still get very stiff. I am still carrying some excess stomach weight.
  • TNR32
    TNR32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yes call a chrio. They do wonders for people.
  • ukstarlight05
    Options
    I would go to the doctor... If you've been having pain for months now, I'd say it's time to get it checked out because if you "over did it" (like I did about a month ago), you shouldn't continue to have pain... at least that's what I was advised.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you lost recently? Periodically I get muscle pains and back aches and I'm conviced it's because I'm losing weight and it changes how I carry myself, how I walk, etc, and the pain is my body getting used to the new me.
  • LordManybeers
    Options
    2-3 months is long enough, I'd contact your doctor and talk about it.