Too many calories left

Options
Hi. So I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a 9 week old baby who I exclusively breastfeed. I have 40lbs I want to lose. On days that I exercise and breastfeed, I am supposed to eat an additional 1000 calories. I don't know how to eat that many calories without eating lots of crap, but I don't want to not eat enough and stall my weight loss. Any ideas?

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, cheese, avocado, olive oil, milk, butter, nuts, dried fruit--add a few of these calorie-dense options and they'll start adding up in no time. Also: an extra helping of meat at dinner (or whatever your protein source is if you're veggie), full-calorie everything instead of diet versions.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, cheese, avocado, olive oil, milk, butter, nuts, dried fruit--add a few of these calorie-dense options and they'll start adding up in no time. Also: an extra helping of meat at dinner (or whatever your protein source is if you're veggie), full-calorie everything instead of diet versions.

These are some really good options. Also full-fat dairy (like sour cream) and eggs (I usually keep hard-boiled eggs in the fridge to grab and go with breakfast).
  • MelanieK82
    Options
    Thanks y'all!
  • bluefrog_2001
    bluefrog_2001 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was going to say, up your protein, dairy and fruit/vegies. Since you are a BF Mom, you need to keep yourself replenished.

Drink lots of water too - you need to stay hydrated.
  • maxr63
    maxr63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What is a BF mom?
  • MelanieK82
    Options
    BF=breastfeeding. I'm a sugar addict when I'm nursing. I just crave it!! I definitely will increase my protein!