The Plan. Lyn-Genet Recitas

Options
Good morning.

I am curious to know if anyone has read and implemented The Plan by Lyn-Genet Recitas. A friend suggested it and Amazon delivered it last night. I thumbed through it quickly and wonder if anyone has tried it and what your experiences are. It seems that her premise is that what most people consider healthy foods may be causing inflammation for some people.

Love to hear from you, if you can give me some insight.

Great day to all,
Cat

Replies

• ljbeagles
    ljbeagles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am new to "The Plan" too, although I am a little further in my journey than you are. I read the book, ordered the neccessary seeds....I needed a scale....a few of the supplements she suggested...and started the cleanse 6 days ago.

I am now on day 6 and I've lost 7 pounds. Some of the food is pretty tasty although the morning granola hads not really grown on me yet. I found a couple of places on-line that make a flaxseed granola and I anxious to see if I like those better than my homemade type.

It takes a bit of commitment, planning and prep time, but it makes a lot of sense and I am ready to feel great. I have a long way to go on my weight loss but the plan is doable.

I'll keep you posted. Let me know how you're doing.

Thanks,
    Lisa
  • tropicpalm
    tropicpalm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Lisa. Please do keep in touch. I am not sure when I will start it. It's great that you saw that weight loss so quickly.
  • beckenharris
    beckenharris Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am currently on day 5 and have lost 6 pounds. I had never done a cleanse before and felt awful by the end of the first day. I was exhausted, headache, my mouth tasted funny, and I felt like I had the flu. By the middle of the second day I felt great. Some of the recipes are yummy - not crazy about the flaxseed in the morning. Check out her website for breakfast substitutes. I have tried some new things (rice milk and almond butter) and really like them. I have done some substitutions - I really dislike kale so I use spring mix lettuce instead for those recipes. It's a little challenging to do with 3 kids at home but I'm liking it.
  • wjleffi
    wjleffi Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am feeling great eating this way. There is a group now if you want to check it out.
  • tropicpalm
    Options
    Great, thanks everyone! Now, to find the time to read it so I can start. I already eat well, but I am convinced I have factors that don't show up in allergy testing that are interfering with me losing weight - even if they are considered "healthy". My friend found out that mango doesn't agree with her system.
  • kmayne
    kmayne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am in my third week (with a few breaks and restarts) and I love how I feel eating friendly! I would love to have some Plan friends! :)
  • tropicpalm
    Options
    I had a little time to start reading the book today and I am surprised by the large amounts of carrots, beets, apples, pears, regular flour and the inclusion of wine and chocolate. I am not sure this is the diet for me, but I would definitely do the cleanse and then do the add ins with different low reactive foods. I have suffered with GERD and the wine/chocolate combo would start that all over again for me, I think. Well, as my husband said to me today, "you're finally losing weight doing what you are doing now. Why would you change that?" I will stick to what I am eating now for at least another month and see if I stall and then maybe this would be a good kick start again.
  • scrabblek8
    scrabblek8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been vaguely following the guidelines for about a month. I am highly skeptical of the lack of food science that is presented, but at the same time, I'm getting pretty compelling results, so I continue to stick with it. I've appreciated the opportunity to track my calories and nutrients here, as I definitely don't want to starve myself or unbalance my diet horribly, nutrient-wise.

The flax was disgusting. I switched to fruit smoothies (rice/coconut milk + pear + blueberries + chia seeds) at the very beginning and never looked back. I may not be losing as quickly, but I refuse to eat things that I flat out don't like. I had no idea that I would learn to like kale so much.

I'm happy to friend anyone, and my diary is set so that you can see the things I'm eating. I've considered blogging more about the experience, but I haven't yet. I have been following the guidelines for about a month, minus about 5 days when I've eaten whatever I wanted for at least one meal, and I've lost about 14 pounds.
  • tropicpalm
    Options
    Wow, that's great to hear! I would love to see your food diary, if you don't mind sharing. I went to a nutritionist last week and she hadn't heard of The Plan, so I loaned the book to her. She said she hasn't had good luck with people following elimination type diets, so she is recommending a blood test that covers 96 different foods. She told me about several people who have uncovered unknown sensitivities and once the foods were eliminated, they were finally able to lose weight. One woman was eating almonds because she knew they were healthy; turns out they are a trigger food for her. Interesting chemistry experiment our bodies are! :wink:
  • novaBYnature
    Options
    What is the group called? How do I join a group?
  • SwissClover
    SwissClover Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HI, I am on day 10 of The Plan and I am down over 6 lbs and I am feeling a lot better...I am allergic to Apples and carrots so I am doing it with a nutrionist from The Plan and it is going well..I did have a headache the first couple of days but it quickly subsided. Also I couldn't find Kale here so I was using a dark green cabbage ,which didn't react well with me, so I was told to substiute spinach in those recipes...Any one following The Plan pleae friend me!
  • Gogie888
    Gogie888 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all...am new here, but just started the Plan ...am on my 3rd day, and have lost 4.5lbs so far. I tracked what I ate, and so far its over 1700 cal a day Have been confused prior by the 8-10 lbs that keep fluctuating. I don't think I eat enough to gain 5-6 lbs in 4 days...so am curious to see if food sensitivity will help. Fingers crossed.
    I mainly posted to give you flax granola haters a tip...I love my flax granola! I made it even before I started the Plan.
    First..add a good amount of vanilla, cinnamon, some powdered ginger and nutmeg if you like, and a shake of sea salt when you soak the flaz seeds overnight. Then, cook them well done...they are best crispy. I add raw sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, organic raisins and dried cranberries during the last 10 minutes. I eat it with coconut milk (trader joes unsweetetened is my fave so far, and I really don't love coconut milk, but i like theirs.)...and blueberries, like cereal.
    Good luck Plan fans!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chrys_may
    chrys_may Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have finished the book and it is very interesting. My only question is are you still working out? I've been on a roll with my workouts and really don't want to stop them to start a new eating plan. Any comments?
  • deidremerritt
    deidremerritt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just ordered the book and afraid to stop my workouts as well. I have been crossfitting 3-4 times a week for 6 mos and I love it. But I heard book mentions that intense exercise can cause inflammation.
  • HaniaF
    Options
    Hello, I signed up on this website just to answer your question! Had to share the results because they have been so amazing. My husband and I started on The Plan 7 months ago. Our weight loss has been about 20 to 25 lbs. We are in our mid 50s so this is pretty amazing. We arE both at a comfortable weight and feel great. We basically have converted ourselves to eat based on the plan. We eat the flax granola almost every day and stick to the suggested fish, chicken and lamb diet, with a huge amount of vegetables every day. My co-workers think im crazy eating a salad and vegetable soup every day for lunch....

But the best part is the fact that this is not a diet. It's a way of life for us now. We are able to "fall off the wagon" sort off...we go out to eat and enjoy our weekends. Then during the week, if we have gained anything, it's usually minimal, we simply go back and we loose everything we gained, it's so easy and so re-assuring to know that the weight will come off! The scale is truly our friend now. After a vacation, eating and drinking whatever we please, we both only gained 5 lbs and lost it within a week.

I would recommend this to anyone. Just be prepared for a rather hard first few days but believe me it's worth it!
    Hania
  • HaniaF
    Options
    Hi, I mentioned to another person that I joined this just to get involved in answering some of the questions regarding The Plan....had to, it's the best thing my husband and I have evr done for ourselves. This is a fitness forum and I have to actually admit that we are not into fitness at all. We know we should be but have yet to start...
    So what I want to say is that don't be afraid to make changes in your workout routine, The Plan worked for us with out any...
    Hania
  • HaniaF
    Options
    Hi, I mentioned in another reply that I am not into fitness so I can't really have an opinion about working out but I can tell you that my husband works physically and quite often has inflammation due to over working some of his problem areas such as shoulder and back. We are both in our mid 50s...so the point I'm making I guess is that his inflammation has not caused any fluctuation in the weight loss. It's all about the food!
    Hania
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I don't understand why everyone is buying a book when there is an overwhelming amount of free information about anti-inflammatory foods and diets available.

I was on an anti-inflammatory diet before and you don't need a special cleanse, it automatically occurs when you switch to anti-inflammatory foods and yes the detox period sucks, and yes you lose weight fast, but no book or supplements beside a daily multivitamin are really necessary.