walking and weight loss

Options
Just wanted to know if any one has a a huge weight loss by just eating well and walking, just need a little motivation to keep my walking up.

Replies

• raiderlifer53
    raiderlifer53 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I walk 60 minutes in the morning ( first thing after my tea ) on basically an empty stomach. I drink about three gasses of water during my walk. When I come home I then eat 24 Almonds with a banana to get me going, I also have my coffee and begin my day. In the late afternoon I walk again, even faster without the dog by myself. Again, I drink at least three glasses of water during my walk. In 30 days I have dropped 12.5 lbs and feel great, I've always been a walker but now I have restricted my calories to what I want to be at my goal weight. This way my body will adapt easily to a maintenance diet. I started at 215 lbs with a goal at 190 lbs. It is important to remember that we burn less calories/hour as we loose weight, so I compensate with a faster pace. It helps to walk with someone too for company. I have cut out red meat, bread, milk except for tea, and saturated fats. Also, it helps to walk in a hilly area rather than level walk- I hope this helps you, walking is a great way to lose weight! Leaving now for my second hour walk before dinner.