Please tell me you can see a difference...

Options
Ok, so I used to be quite the athlete a few years ago and in the past few years I've kind of let myself go. I started out this journey weighing 182 pounds (I'm 5'6") and am now at 168. These two pictures are only a 2 pound difference but I've been working out pretty hard, so I'm hoping I'm just building muscle. Unless I'm doing something way wrong and need to switch things up... feel free to let me know! I would like to think there is a little bit of a noticeable change between the two because according to my tape measure my waist is 4 inches smaller and my hips are 2. I just dont know if I can see it.

Sorry for rambling! :blushing:

mms_picture_zpsd1ad7750.jpg

3599f26a-a984-4a04-92b9-8a550234f1d8_zps06f556bb.jpg

I also wanted to say I realize I have a LONG ways to go, but any progress counts, right?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Pics aren't showing...says you deleted them.
  • eheflick
    Options
    ignore this :)
  • eheflick
    Options
    mms_picture_zpsd1ad7750.jpg

3599f26a-a984-4a04-92b9-8a550234f1d8_zps06f556bb.jpg
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be mean, but its 2 lbs.. however, the second picture looks a little "sassy" so I would say I see a confidence change! Keep up the good work!
  • eheflick
    Options
    Oh I totally realize 2 pounds is nothing. Just wondering if things looked a little "tighter" I guess.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Difficult to say as jeans are tighter than your other outfit- sorry!
  • NaeTrujillo
    Options
    It does look tighter, keep up the good work!
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Oh I totally realize 2 pounds is nothing. Just wondering if things looked a little "tighter" I guess.

Actually, I re looked... your waist seems smaller and your belly button looks "higher:" so yeah...a bit!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I think if your picture were the same distance and your hand wasn't covering on the 2nd would it would help.... 2pds is great....but take your measurements and possibly pictures in the same fit... That will help...Keep going regardless if you see a difference or not....Hardwork ALWAYS pays off...
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    well, i don't know what these other people are talking about... when i look at your photos, i see a huge difference! i am glad you are doing measurements, they don't lie! photos are good too, including these you posted! i definitely notice a difference in your overall waist/tummy area. keep up the good work!!!!
  • eheflick
    Options
    Ahh, I've clearly got some learning to do with picture taking! Thanks for the replies anyways, I'll work on getting more similar pictures next time I take some :)
  • ineedGod
    ineedGod Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I can tell. If you look at the top picture you can see that the top curve (under your top line) is more curved. Bottom picture shows same top curve reduced, as a straight line more or less .... not curved. Also your inner tummy looks more defined in bottom picture. Also, your bottom curve is the slightest bit reduced... that one is hard to see as much! Great job! I totally understand wanting to see
    short term results ~ it helps keep you going! Keep it up!
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! More toned in the waist area and pounds don't really matter yet...you are losing inches, the weight will catch up!! AWESOME job!!! If I can ever figure how to post....I'd do so too!
  • madanda
    madanda Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I see a definite difference. More toned and definitely "tighter". Good job!! :happy:
  • eheflick
    Options
    Awesome, I'm glad some can see it. Thank you!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    i see a BIG difference. I was shocked to scroll down to see it was only 2lb. are u sure? looks like you lost more. keep up the good work
  • RhodRhod
    RhodRhod Posts: 109
    Options
    I do think you look tighter! Whatever you're doing seems to be working. Way to go!:smile:
  • eheflick
    Options
    Positive, thats why I've been a little discouraged because the scale just doesn't seem to be moving!
  • eheflick
    Options
    I wanted to share this picture also, love it when I can start seeing a little muscle come in :smile:

dcb7c07b-0629-40d8-a2f7-6e41d5e5b136_zpsf802585a.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!