Chef trying to shed a few...

Options
So I am brand new to this tool, I downloaded it on my iphone and it is fantastic! I finally started excercising everyday (beyond the constant bombardment of running aloof in the kitchen), and feel more energetic already. I look foreward to the challenege as well as the reward of a healthier lifestyle and some good ol' fashioned local, raw, delicious foods. Look foreward to hearing from you! If there are any questions as far as food goes I am always willing to help in any way that I can, (keep in mind that I work 10-12 hrs a day) but I have been getting on here twice a day and would be happy to answer whatever I can!!!

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Welcome and thanks
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love this site and same to you ...if you have any questions feel free to ask! Good luck!
  • jillwhite12
    jillwhite12 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome, from one newbie to another!
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO MFP! You sound to be getting off to a good start! Keep up the great work. It must be difficult to do on your schedule and especially hard to keep within calories being a chef. Good luck! I may email you for a recipe hint some time.
  • lisacrum
    lisacrum Posts: 5
    Options
    I think it will be interesting following your posts, MrKrenz. Though cooking isn't my occupation, it's a huge part of my life. My hubby and I rarely eat out because we both are very good in the kitchen and love to create new dishes. I think one reason why in the past, so few diets appealed to me is because you're stuck with their menu, their ingredients, their boundaries. I love flavor and texture, and sometimes "diet" foods are so tasteless and lackluster. Here, however, we're just logging calories as they happen, instead of being told what we can and can't have, and there's a freedom in that. When we run out of calories, it's time to stop! Like you, I'm just now starting out, so time will tell how faithful I remain to the goals...but at least we still retain our creative license with this plan! Please share your ideas...and some of your kitchen tips. I for one will be very interested! Blessings - LC
  • mrkrenz
    mrkrenz Posts: 2
    Options
    It can be, but I also have access to a ton of very fresh local raw ingredients and that helps out. What kind of cooking do you do and maybe I can offer some advice? I know for me the biggest thing are fresh herbs and spices whenever possible, I always encourage people that have room to grow their own herb gardens to do so. It makes a huge difference being able to walk outside and pluck some fresh mesculin mix or fresh herbs.